Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Boycott

Question

Anybody going to participate in the national boycott that is going to go on Monday for the illegal aliens or the rallys. I'm NOT. I dont like being around that many people breaking the law

I just cant figure why they are going to boycott the economy that is giving them work. I was told by many in construction that there has been a lot of immigrants not working this past week out of fear of a immigrtion sweep. I heard they might do it at some of the smaller rallies or take photos of them and get them later, we'll see

I'm getting a little sick of seeing some of them holding the American flag upside down

32 answers to this question

Carlos & Rod, I know many different nationalities come here illegally, but the biggest group that I see every day is latin american, south american etc and these are the people I see taking lower paying jobs which are bringing the wages down for many. I know Im sounding racist and Im sorry, but ive seen this happening & growing for years , not just recently from the news accounts. I just brought it up because of the boycott and whats been going on in congress.

I have no problem with Mexicans or others who come here legally. we just have to many, to fast coming here, theres reasons we just dont say anyone can come here whenever they want. Hell we'd have a 1/4 of the people on this planet or more come here. We cant have it that way

We ALL come from families that were once immigrants.

America was built by immigrants and is kept alive by their labor.

I see the biggest focus aimed at the hispanic's. Boy, do we discriminate or what?!?! Rod!~

Don't see your point?? We aren't talking about IMMIGRANTS, we are talking about illegal aliens. Was it illegal for people to come back then?? I guess we could all consider ourselves Iraqi citizens since we all descended from Adam and Eve. That argument sounds good enough to me to take their oil, quite frankly. Honestly, I cannot think of EVER hearing someone complain about legal immigrants. This is about people willingly breaking the law, milking our system, and our turning our heads to ignore it. When large cities are being made up of 25-50% illegals, I'd say we have a problem. And since the term "condom" is foreign to them (no pun intended), it is becoming a locust-like plague of Biblical proportions.

...And since French, German and Asian illegals probably make of 1% of all illegals, that is why you don't hear much about it. Splitting hairs.

What gets me about ANY group is how they DEMAND American Citizens, both born here and legal immigrants accept and allow them to stay even though they know they broke our laws.

Now here is what bugs me more, when any group decides to hold a protest they do not get the proper permits for the protest but they just take over all the major blvds and walk down the middle of it knowing that law enforcement will protect them and make those who have businesses and those that need to drive down those streets suffer.

Why should we give up our right to peacefully drive down our major blvds. so they can break more laws?

I do not care what country they come from, if they break our laws they should be punished, or deported.

Any immigrant that applies the right way, waits their turn and enters with our blessings has the right to stay and become an American Citizen and we should welcome those people.

All others please pack your bags and go home.

Again this applies to every group, not one or two as I am not a prejudiced person. it is not the color of your skin or your nationality that matters, it is if your legal or not.

Jon

Well to be honest about the whole thing,the Los Angeles Times have reported that shoplifting and violent crimes,and auto theft was down by quite a margin during these marchs.kinda tells ya something right there.here in tennessee we didnt feel the sting at all at least in my neck of the woods,i think a mexican food restaurant was closed for a day,that really broke my heart,but we always have taco bell,as far as power washing is concerned,it was business as usual,we only hire american born anyhow.just a two cents worth.Myck Blackburn of Darkhorse-Power Wash of West Teneessee

We ALL come from families that were once immigrants.

America was built by immigrants and is kept alive by their labor.

I see the biggest focus aimed at the hispanic's. Boy, do we discriminate or what?!?! What about the asian, english, french, german, etc... who come here illegally? If all this weren't in the news, this conversation wouldn't be happening with any of us.

You are being distracted by the media.

Rod!~

Amen to that!! My great grandfather jumped-ship in Chicago from a quarantined ship that was being sent back to Russia. He was illegal, but I'm sure glad he did what he did!

De-magnetize America! Crack down on the businesses hiring these illegals and stop all forms of government freebies and healthcare. Illegals want to come here because there are opportunities here that they do not have in their own country. These opportunities need to be denied to everyone but those who play by the rules.

There is no way we could afford to deport 13-20 million people in any reasonable length of time. If we made it impossible for them to find a job, go to school, get medical care, etc..., they would just go home and try it the right way.

In Mexico, illegal immigration is a felony. Illegal aliens can be imprisoned for up to 10 years and/or deported. Businesses hiring illegals are subject to huge fines or even shut down. We could learn a lesson from the very government that advocates and even teaches people how to circumvent our own laws.

my $.02