Sign in to follow this  
Mountain View

Color Choices

Question

17 answers to this question

Too many choices brings out the indecisiveness in some people. We keep it simple as Ken posted and limit to 3 color choices. If they are one of those that don't want the colors we list, we offer the manufacturers brochure to make the decision with.

Rod!~

It probably comes down to what products you use. I will use any Sherwin-Williams color. I do however try to help them toward the colors that give the most natural appearance, and that compliment their home. I agree that some people can be indecisive, so they sometimes need a little help. I have twice tried to talk people out of a color, and both times they were unhappy with the color they chose before I even finished the job. My response..."I was concerned about that color, but you insisted on it. I can re-bid the job with another color if you would like." No takers on that one.

What are you using?

Pete,

I offer every color Ready Seal makes, including any 50/50 mix. I keep fully stocked with light brown, natural cedar, and medium red with medium red being the most popular.

If a customer wants a color or mix of RS that I do not have in stock, I special order it from my supplier and recieve it the next day. The customer is charged shipping.

Ken,

are we the only two knuckleheads that are up this early on a Sunday?

Early? 6:30 AM is early? Been up since a bit after 4:00. Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man.... What a crock! Probably should have been a farmer.

I've been lurking here since 0400 central. Is that sad or what?? I'm at my regular job, so I have an excuse.

I'm very fortunate (I think) to have Grey Away, Ready Seal, and Wood Defender all within driving distance. Right now, I'm leaning towards recomending Bakers Grey Away exclusively.

gentlemen,

Good morning from Central Standard, it is just a shade after 11am. Keep thinking I'll grow out of the desire to sleep in, but hasn't happened thus far.

I offer the usual Clear,Reds,Golds,Browns,Grey and Taupe that 99.9% of the time will suit customers in matching their house color scheme.

Like all wood at different ages tend to look different when stained with the same color.So Pete that's why Tom doesn't have a brochure with color samples to hand out.The brochure will never give you a "TRUE" color tone that the finished look will give you

It's always best to use a sample piece of wood or have pics of jobs old and new stained with diff colors you offer.

Shane,

I've got cedar and pine samples. Haven't seen you around for awhile, must be busy.

Yep super busy alright and after we get some rain today starting Mon.it's going to be non stop!

I've been getting calls everyday for maintance jobs and some new referrals! :cool:

Oh god, customers and colors. I paint houses as well pressure washing and sealing decks. This one lady had a hard time picking colors - so I though I would make it easy for her. I installed a benjamin moore color program on her computer with a picture of her house. It took her months and months to decide. Then came time to paint - I had the oil based house primer tinted to the color she wanted, when it went on the house - she didn't like the color.

That's ok I told her - this is just the primer, so she picked another shade. Well 3 different colored primers went on the house. And when that was done, she got 8 different quarts of paint - before I could start putting on the latex house paint. with decks - unless they ask, I just assume natural tone.

-Dan