Sign in to follow this  
Mountain View

Wolman Products

Question

9 answers to this question

Pete,

Like many, I started off in this business with the Wolman's certified contractor program. Used their sodium percarbonate based powder wood cleaner and their F&P oil stain for the first 2 years.

The cleaner was ok but expensive. Contrary to their directions, you still had to treat the wood with a mild acid after use. The F&P stain was ok, on par or maybe a bit better than similar consumer grade stains.

Knew about Ready Seal but did not do enough business to order 50 gals. at a time on a "less than truckload" shipping basis. When Tom Vogel of ACR Products started carrying the stain, I drove up there in a flash. Gave away my last 5'er of F&P last year.

Thanks guys. I took the certification test yesterday. Just curious what you guys thought. I'll probably be using Bakers Grey Away as my prefered product and I can get acid, stripper, 12.5% raw materiels from a local chem supplier.

Pete,

I took the certification test yesterday.

Didn't cheat and take a peek in the manual, did 'ya? Did not know they still had the program around.

I'll probably be using Bakers Grey Away as my prefered product and I can get acid, stripper, 12.5% raw materiels from a local chem supplier.

That is a good choice of products and sources. Good luck on your endeavors.

Pete,

Come on, fess up! In my day it was an "open book" test. Sneaked a peek or two. Was a very basic, but helpful introduction, to wood care. Learned the advanced degree from the great internet resources that we have today. Outstanding marketing on Wolman's part.

ive not used the Wolman products but they make the stuff our competitors use..and they have the market in KC. i heard Wolman make a product called woodrenew protectant? have lost jobs to them.

We used Wolman's F&P prior to using Wood Tux four years ago. We'll never go back to it. Wood Tux delivers a superior looking result that lasts longer. Customers of ours who we have switched from F&P to WT say the deck looks better now than the first time we did it with F&P.

Beth :cup: :groovy3: