Sign in to follow this  
Guest rfitz

Test with X-Jet

Question

Guest rfitz

I had a house wash this morning, so I decided to do a test, 1/2 the front of the house downstreaming, and other 1/2 with X-jet, I do have to say X-jet does make a big difference on how clean the house gets, I will go back to x-jetting, at least the front and back of the house, maybe down stream the sides, the X-jet definitely doesnt shoot near as far as my 0040 tip when Im downstreaming..?

20 answers to this question

Try putting the 040 tip in the XJet...that's what I do and it works great. I just wish there was a way to QC the tips for the XJ. It is a hassle to have to get the wrench and change tips when I want to use the close-in tip.

Have you tried downstreaming your chems at double strength? by that I mean, mix your housewash at double strength. Then you're basically getting the same mix through the end of your wand as you're getting through the XJ at normal strength.

Guest rfitz

I am using full strength on the chems, Emuls plus from Espec,

but still with a downstream you still at best are only getting a 20-1 dilution ratio, and especially when I clean and remove artillery fungus, downstreamimg chlorine at 20-1 just wont cut it, I can kill it with my X-jet at 2-1 and dwelling for 20 minutes, maybe I will try the knock-off X-jet, and see if I can get the distance of a 0040 tip, or use it on my xjet as you say..

The Manufacture claims 30 ft on the x jet, they are exagerating, I get maybe 20 ft, and because it fans out, on a windy day that turns into 15 ft at best,

Im thinking of buying the deckster, to spray chems and sealers with maybe that will reach 25 ft with the right tips..?

You can get a 24% downstreamer that is equipted with quick disconnects on both ends for about $25 -$30 from watercannon.

I bought a fixed one and love it.My old one was a 12.5% and was not strong enough.I do have an x-jet ,but sometimes would rather downstream......K.J.

http://www.1800333wash.com/InjectorsAndSprayers.htm

Guest rfitz

Is that your site ? if so, I like that sprayer set up. how does that compare

to a deckster, ? does a battery come with ? I would like to order that and a 24% adjustable downstreamer, but will it actually take 3 weeks ?

You can get a 4:1 downstreamer (20%) just about anywhere. Mine came from espec., though it didn't come with QCs.

Does your emulsifier come as a drum kit? If so, mix it with half the water...

I always cut my 12.5% chlorine down to 6% anyway before I apply with the XJ, so in my case I could just downstream straight 12.5 Chlorine.

I like the XJ, but dragging buckets is a pain, and I'm always getting the hose caught on this or that...Just one more thing I have to drag around.....And then there's always the bucket of chem you spill in someone's front lawn because you pulled a bit too far or got your pressure hose wrapped around it. I'll be going to downstreaming as soon as I get mine hooked up and the chems set up in the trailer. Who knows, I may go back to the XJ, or use it when it's convenient, but I like the idea of downstreaming.

Guest rfitz

Mike, Im confused, did you say 4 to 1 down stream,? you cant even get that good on upstream,?, do you mean 20 to 1 that is about the best so far Ive seen, other than the 24 to 1 ? I just heard about, that means 24 parts water to 1 part chems.. I think the best you can get upstream ( before the pump)

is about 12 parts water to 1 part chem, but you may shorten the life on your pump, by the way, does anyone know if that really does hurt your pump ?

or wear it out faster..?

Guest rfitz

M-5, ? Never heard of that, and none of the major distributors carry them either, I dont really have a problem with 20 to 1, if I do it usually needs heavy chems, and that is obtained with an X-jet at 2 to 1, Im not sure you are following me, the higher the first number the worse off you are, remember

the first number is water, so that would mean 35 parts water to 1 part chemical, that is worse than 20 parts water to 1 part chemical... the lower the first number, the more chems you have going on the surface or you talking about downstreaming, or your X-jet ? if you are talking about the X-jet, who carries the M-5 ?

I was refering to the comment you made on the distance of your X-jet. You said you only averaged about 20 feet. Was just trying to help you with the reach. The M-5 is the new X-jet with a variable tip so you don't need to screw in the close range nozzle. Sorry for the confusion.

Guest rfitz

Oh ok now I follow, where did you buy your new M-5, I would like to see if the new ones make a difference..?

THX

Rob,

The website KJ refereces is for Water Cannon out of Florida. Nice folks to deal with and normally will provide you with quick service.

The unit may or may not take 3 weeks to get - it's drop shipped for them. I purchased one from them about 2 years ago and they told me 3 weeks max. - received it in 3 days. There are others that carry the same or similar units at different prices - shop around.

The battery does not come with it. You can use a deep cycle or a $20 Sears battery. The unit will run a couple of full days off a full charge even with a $20 battery and should last at least a full year. The unit is 60psi, 1 gallon per minute unit with an on demand pump, however, it will not shoot your chemicals 20 ft.

We use all ours mainly for acid spraying on new construction masonry cleaning.

If you are only getting 15-20 ft with your X-Jet, talk to the folks you purchased it from as they may be able to help you increase that distance with some minor changes.

Oneness,

You don't need to wrench tighten the close-up nozzle - just light hand tightening will work fine as long as you get at least 3 or 4 turns on the thread. There is a risk that it may vibrate off if there is not enough thread engagement. It will shoot off like a bullit (speaking from experience). If you think the risk is too much, an open end wrench can always be carried in the back pocket.

Guest rfitz

Hey Paul,

I will call them monday, I would mainly be using that set up for spaying my wood cleaners, strippers, and briteners thru, I know sunbrite carries the deckster, but they want close to $600 and no battery, $300 sounds alot better, ALSO, with my X-jet,, it might get 20 ft but that is when there is no wind, maybe I will talk with Ron at Xterior...? It worked alot better when I first got it..?

THX

Rob,

There is an insert inside the unit which establishes an orifice and I believe it's made of plastic. This insert could be worn or the incorect size. Ron at Xterior can most likely help you.

Guest rfitz

Mike,

How can that be, when upstreaming at best is approx 10 to 1 ? and upstream is alot more than down stream, always has been, always will be, I know I will drain a 5 gallon bucket of chems in about 20 minutes down streaming, and I have a 5.5 GPM machine, you might want to double check that ratio on your downstream, heck that is half of what your X-jet gets, if thats true why would they put proportioners on your X-jet.?

if you can get 4 to 1, you will sell alot of them, I know I will be your first customer :)

I'm not selling them, just using them. I have an Adams and also one from espec. The espec downstreamer is advertised at 24%...I've not checked it for exact amounts, but it is definitely better than 20:1...That's only 5% draw. I imagine that as with the XJ, your gpm determines your draw rate, so it may be a bit less than 24% with a 5.5 (mine is 5.6) gpm machine, but definitely a better draw than 5%. I'll check this weekend to get a more precise measurement.

I imagine they put proportioners in the XJ so you can use it for any application. I never use the proportioners when I use the XJ.

Guest rfitz

Mike if you can drain a 5 gallon bucket of water with your downstream line

dropped in it in less than 5 minutes you would be at approx. 20%

Let Me know how long it takes

THX