Sign in to follow this  
RCBill

Looking for you

Several months ago I wrote about constructing a budget for PM. It was in a thread that Jeff started. I would go through Jeff's threads to find it, but I am already old.

A reader expressed interest in the budget and asked me for information. I went away for a few days and did not respond. Later I wrote the poster but did not get a response.

This is unfinished business for me. If that reader/poster would like to follow-up on the budget matter please contact me.

Bill

Try searching your own posts, it may keep you feeling a little younger.

I spit coffee all over myself when I read the line about already being old, I think I could wear a keyboard out trying to respond to half of Jeff's posts. The man is boundlessly enthusiastic!

I'd search that exchange up for you, but I'm off to the Tulip Festival in Northwest Iowa today. (I'll post pics for fans later.;) )

RCBILL,

...a couple months ago, I asked you to go into more detail regarding something, and I believe this was it. As I recall, you responded and said you written a very long post that didn't go through. That is about the most aggrevating thing in the world, yes!?! At any rate, should you ever feel like writing a brief synopsis of how you detail your bids in a budget to PM's, I'd love to read it, as I am sure others would. But realistically, I know you work hard like all of us and it is tough to pen out a long writing, but they are always appreciated! Hope all is well in 'da Cape,

Sorry Jeff, I certainly didn't want to offend you. Sometimes my attempts at humor leaves me with an opening for my foot.

Jon, I do not market to PM. But a friend described to me how he got a lot of maintainance work by supplying PMs, and these were local government PMs, data that they could use to develop their budgets.

Basically, he identified the work that needed to be done on a property, put a price on the work, and spread the work through a year. He would use a spreadsheet that the PM could manipulate and called his or her own. He had the credibility with the PM, that he knew what needed to be done and that he wouldn't pad the proposal. The importance of this whole effort was that the PM could submit their budgets to upper management or owners and be able to stick with them.

Now as to what budgets can be to management and how to construct them, well I don't even know if you want that from me. Or, if I have the chops to give that. I certainly enjoy business management and have a little extra study in cost management.

But, I am hamstringed by the thought that I may have offended one of my genuine heros. Sorry Jeff. I've read all of your posts and sitting at this CRT I've felt something that I do not have the words for about you, your enthusiasm, your success, and personal growth. I can be a clumsy guy and I apologise for stepping on your toes.

Bill Lightner

Sorry Jeff, I certainly didn't want to offend you. Sometimes my attempts at humor leaves me with an opening for my foot.

Jon, I do not market to PM. But a friend described to me how he got a lot of maintainance work by supplying PMs, and these were local government PMs, data that they could use to develop their budgets.

Basically, he identified the work that needed to be done on a property, put a price on the work, and spread the work through a year. He would use a spreadsheet that the PM could manipulate and called his or her own. He had the credibility with the PM, that he knew what needed to be done and that he wouldn't pad the proposal. The importance of this whole effort was that the PM could submit their budgets to upper management or owners and be able to stick with them.

Now as to what budgets can be to management and how to construct them, well I don't even know if you want that from me. Or, if I have the chops to give that. I certainly enjoy business management and have a little extra study in cost management.

But, I am hamstringed by the thought that I may have offended one of my genuine heros. Sorry Jeff. I've read all of your posts and sitting at this CRT I've felt something that I do not have the words for about you, your enthusiasm, your success, and personal growth. I can be a clumsy guy and I apologise for stepping on your toes.

Bill Lightner

Bill what the heck are you saying sorry to me for, that was some funny stuff!!!!!!

Have a great one !!!!!

JL

I've written a lot over the years. A couple of times my humor did not transmit well.

This board has become important to me and I don't want to screw it up.

Now I'll go punish myself on the golf course.

Bill