Sign in to follow this  
Pressure Cleaning King

Best way to Clean Masonite Siding?

Question

4 answers to this question

When I worked in lumberyards, "Masonite" and "Hardboard" were names used interchangeabley for siding that was made to look like real wood, but which was actually a very heavy form of cardboard. Basically just many layers of pulpy paper pressed with glue and a wood-like texture. There was also an extremely thin layer of primer (practically printed) on the finish side. It was available in lap and vertical types. It is still common in my area, and I have seen it almost anywhere I've been in the US.

If this is what you are talking about, then just use whatever housewash mixture you commonly use, I use Rowletts Citracleen and 10.5% usually, but have and do use others.

You are absolutely right to worry about the results of pressure: No siding likes pressure! If the chems you use are not doing the job, you need better chems or technique, but not more pressure. If there are soft or cracked or swollen spots in the siding, it has already begun to fail, and needs replacement rather than washing.

A search for "Housewash formula" should get you started in the right direction.:)