Sign in to follow this  
Beth n Rod

2006 Sealer Poll: Which are you using this year?

2006 Sealer poll: Which are you using this year?  

245 members have voted

1. 1. 2006 Sealer poll: Which are you using this year?

• ABR-X100
    • Bakers Gray Away
    • Behr (any)
    • Cabot (any)
    • Defy Products
    • Flood Products (any)
    • Menwood
    • Messmers
    • Olympic (any)
    • Penofin
    • Permachink (any)
    • Ready Seal
    • Sashco
    • Sikkens (any)
    • Sherwin Williams-Deck Scapes
    • TWP
    • Wood Defender
    • Wood Tux
    • Wolman (any)
    • Other: post below

Question

Hey all,

It's time to launch a new poll for 2006 to see what everyone is using, why and what you have on hand that you are not using and perhaps why as well there too.

Let's hear from you...

Rod!~

35 answers to this question

Hi guys and gals,, I am about to use Ready Seal for the first time here on a fence.. 4 questions...

1.. What would be the best way to apply on fence?? airless, shurflo or the ole' fashioned way brush and roller??? What is the viscosity of RS?

2.. Is there any suppliers for the RS in the Houston TX area???

3.. Is it EVER going to stop raining?? LOL

Thanx in advance ya'll

Mark

Mark,

1. Of the three you listed, a shurflo would be best. RS has the viscosity just a hair thicker than water.

2. I do not think so. But their manufacuring plant is in the Ft. Worth area, so shipping quickly should not be a problem. Call them tomorrow.

3. Maybe the Old Farmers Almanac should be consulted.

2.. Is there any suppliers for the RS in the Houston TX area???

I'm not sure who sells RS in Houston but i sell the Gray Away for 92.5+ tax/5'er to contractors.

Hi all..haven't been around much lately. Lurking but not posting. I want to try out a product that originates in Oregon thats starting to be carried by my local Ben Moore dealer and wonder if anyones had any experience with it. Its called Boodge and its a mineral oil based non film former. Supposedly very user friendly...blends well..no lap marks and mostly never needs to be stripped just cleaned and reapplied. I'd like to try RS and WTW, but the problems with having enough product in a variety of colors and the lag time and cost of shipping puts me off a bit. This would be locally available to me on short notice. So far a couple of local contractors like it a lot.

Not trying to derail a thread..this one is about products..just wondering if anyone closer to the source has any experience with it and can give some input. Tried about all the off the shelf product and most look like crap in a year or so (depending on exposure etc.)

Anyone heard of it or used it?

Thanks

Dale

I've been using Deckscapes for about three years now, and I love it. The semi-transparent stain is easy to apply and lasts a long time. I used to use Cuprinol when Sherwin carried it, I think it is no longer made or just replaced by the Deckscapes. I wouldn't be opposed to trying something different, maybe the Ready Seal, since that seems to be what everyone is talking about. How would I go about getting ahold of a few gallons to try? Any feedback is appreciated.

Dale, 3 of the largest wood restoration co. in Colorado & Wyoming use Boodge products so they must be pretty good. Contact them & ask some ?'s.

Lyle

www.mountainwoodcare.com www.woodcareofjacksonhole.com www.americanwoodcare.com

Wow..took a while for any feedback, but hell, I'm a patient kinda guy lol.

I've tried Boodge over the last couple of years and I like it. Its foolproof in the application, everything just ends up blending with no laps. Deep penetrating and good colors.

My favorite deck stain.

Dale