Sign in to follow this  
Thad

No more Grime Scene right before bedtime.

Question

Really.

I hardly ever remember my dreams but last night I had the craziest dream. Maybe it was because I've had a bad case of summer flu and took a ton of medicine over the last four days, I don't know.

Anyway, the dream was that I had a whole subdivision of houses to wash in one day. I had 8 or 10 guys on the job and we had to get it done or else. I don't know what 'else' was.

The guys just happened to look like the cast of Band of Brothers.

Note to self- don't watch more than 3 episodes of Band of Brothers before bedtime, either.

Anyway, we washed and washed but could never get the first house finished. It was driving me crazy- this house just never ended.

Then I woke up.

Well, my wife woke me up.

Why do women make such a big production of midnight bathroom calls?

Note to self- remember to turn on the light, announce that I am going to the bathroom, and announce that I am back from the bathroom when I am done if I ever have to get up in the middle of the night. Which I don't.

But I'm gonna just out of principle.

OK, it's hard to keep me up, so I'm right back to sleep.

Right back at the same house.

With the guys from Easy Company.

And we still can't get this house finished. We're washing and washing and I'm looking at all the other houses that have to be washed today. They guys are yelling, "What do we do? We can't get it all washed..." and I'm seriously stressing out.

Thank GOD my wife has to go again!

Respite from this nightmare!

I tell myself, "Dude, this is one messed up dream. Dream about something else when you fall back asleep. Seriously."

So I fall back asleep and *tah-da!* no more pressure washing, no more Band of Brothers. It was great!

Until I realize that I'm back in high school except for some reason my mother is there with me and the halls are full of old ladies in nursing home beds yelling at me to change their Depends.

I tear down the hall, knocking beds everywhere and my Mom is yelling, "Look, he wants to help! I'm so proud!" and I'm just trying to find any way out of there I can.

I end up in sporting goods store with a killer saltwater fishing department, so everything turns out OK, but...

I am *never* sleeping again.

Seriously.

5 answers to this question

It was just over the counter stuff.

Mainly antihistamine (chlor-whatever) but I think that maybe the new PE decongestants don't agree with me.

I think I'm going to have to hook up with a meth dealer. Not to buy meth but to score some good old fashioned pseudoephedrine before he cooks it.

Only meth dealers can get it anymore it seems.

:soapbox:

I bought some Sudafed a while back at Target- well, I attempted to buy some Sudafed. They asked for my license and then refused to sell it to me.

"I'm sorry, sir, but you bought some 3 weeks ago at our other store and you can only buy it once a month."

I told her that I have 5 people at my house with allergies.

She said, "Well, I don't want to tell you how to get around the law, but (whispers) you could get your wife to come in and get some."

Ta-dah! Now I'm the criminal!

With a runny nose and a sinus headache!

:lgsick: