Sign in to follow this  
Camelot

Awesome!!

Question

I finally bit the bullet and purchased a 19 inch surface cleaner. All this time I was using turbo nozzles and was too darn cheap to invest in a surface cleaner to do driveways, sidewalks, etc. My new cleaner arrived today, so of course I ran out and did my driveway with it and I am in AWE over how quickly I did it! This will undoubtedly prove to be the best investment I've made yet! Just wanted to share...I am SO psyched to go at it tomorrow with this thing! WooHoo!

:lgsideway

13 answers to this question

Anthony,

I have only used one which was a hydrotek (hydro twister, about 8 years old) 8 years old! Probably why it didn't do that great of a job. Used it on driveway's that were black with mold and algae. Had to go back over it with wand. Have been thinking about buying one, always something else to spend money on though.

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694

Hey Doug....yeah, you have to go back over the surface for a quick rinse, just to rinse off the dirt that you loosened up with the surface cleaner. I did a job last night that was almost 14000 sq ft....there is NO WAY I could have done that in a night with a wand only.

Also, it makes the cleaning so uniform and even. I can't seem to get as good of results with just a wand. I love my Silver Eagle 24".

Anthony,

I have only used one which was a hydrotek (hydro twister, about 8 years old) 8 years old! Probably why it didn't do that great of a job. Used it on driveway's that were black with mold and algae. Had to go back over it with wand. Have been thinking about buying one, always something else to spend money on though.

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694

It's pretty common that a surface cleaner will not remove tough black mold. When cleaning concrete with that kind of build up, the surface cleaner may only take up maybe 80% of the build up. The best thing to do with situations with that much build up is to clean with surfacer, rinse with wand then apply a thin layer of a strong concentration of chlorine to the concrete while damp, let dwell, and watch the rest of the black mold disappear.

It's pretty common that a surface cleaner will not remove tough black mold. When cleaning concrete with that kind of build up, the surface cleaner may only take up maybe 80% of the build up.

I pre-spray 90% of the time...Granted, I don't deal a lot with mold, but wouldn't pre-spraying do the trick?

I pre-spray 90% of the time...Granted, I don't deal a lot with mold, but wouldn't pre-spraying do the trick?

Prespraying always helps, unless the surface is pretty clean to begin with.

Steel Eagle, not Silver Eagle. I know what you meant though.

I did exactly One Driveway before I bought my whisper. I would not even consider marketing anyone if I didn't have this tool..sets me apart from the Home Cheapo Rangers..

It's pretty common that a surface cleaner will not remove tough black mold. When cleaning concrete with that kind of build up, the surface cleaner may only take up maybe 80% of the build up. The best thing to do with situations with that much build up is to clean with surfacer, rinse with wand then apply a thin layer of a strong concentration of chlorine to the concrete while damp, let dwell, and watch the rest of the black mold disappear.
Exactly.

Prespraying always helps, unless the surface is pretty clean to begin with.

Steel Eagle, not Silver Eagle. I know what you meant though.

sorry...that's my pressure washer brand :)

I'm sure a new surfacer would make a big difference, but I have been quite efficient with my wand (although arms get pretty tired, but I'm a thin guy and could use the extra muscle) I'm sure I will invest in one soon. I knocked out a 2,400 sq. two story home today with sidewalks and average size drive today that was black as tar in a little over two hours with just the old trusty wand. I might have cut 20 minutes off if I had a surfacer. Would really help with commercial flatwork though.

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694

I'm sure a new surfacer would make a big difference, but I have been quite efficient with my wand (although arms get pretty tired, but I'm a thin guy and could use the extra muscle) I'm sure I will invest in one soon. I knocked out a 2,400 sq. two story home today with sidewalks and average size drive today that was black as tar in a little over two hours with just the old trusty wand. I might have cut 20 minutes off if I had a surfacer. Would really help with commercial flatwork though.

Doug Baker

Baker's Pressure Washing

270-268-1694

Surface cleaner vs. Wand you would of saved a lot more than 20 minutes and you wont get tiger stripes showing up in a month or 2. Buy one you'll be amazed at how easy it goes.

This is UNREAL...I'm sitting on my couch typing a post on the grime scene because I finished about 2-3 hours earlier than normal today. I made the same money in half the time because of the surface cleaner! My wife, once upset about the money I spent for it, is now psyched to have me home early with a handful of checks! I know this is old hat for some of you, but for newbies like me this is quite a discovery!!