Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Hows Biz

Just hoping everyone is staying busy. I hope the #'s are all good for you.

You know I think I'm blessed. I have 3 fulltime guys and 1 parttimer and they are getting 45 - 65 hours every week and it seems like I'm always out giving estimates on condos and other commercial projects. Sometimes I worry thou, I'll have only 2 weeks of work lined up and I worry that it will run out and i wont be able to give my guys 40hrs. It happens and then all of a sudden here comes the work, it just got like that this month and now Im booked solid until mid July with more work coming and this isnt including any residential that I have or will get. I'll tell my wife work isnt lined up and she'll say dont worry it always comes in Jeff when you say that.

God does look out for me. I know someday I might not always be this blessed but so far so good. Now I do go hunt the work down, even when I'm busy. I even call the PM's and tell them I'm slowing down do they have anything for me. I did this a couple weeks ago and I had two PM's call and give me over 2 weeks work, just from the call I gave them. You know I look out for my PM's and they look out for me. I just had one call Friday and say go look at 30 buildings give her a price and we can schedule it for July or August , she also gave me another gutter cleaning job and 2 other large buildings to clean.

I just get so excited that I can call and ask and they help

Whats everybody doing these days hows the rest of the year look and do you go out and hustle work or is it just coming to you.

Just thankful for God & my luck

Life is good

JL

Great for you Jeff!

I haven't been on TGS much lately because of being so busy.

Mine business comes from various sources, through painters and HOA's front of the battle lines marketing, face to face, and the 3 foot business card rule but the resi's are booming for me and the deck work is picking up considerably. Truthfully, I haven't even been doing any classified advertising since Nov. of last year and the word of mouth or sub jobs have been very steady.

I have been landing alot of work from nicely placed business card holders in Gas stations and dry cleaners and diners. But like you said, even when it slows down, another round of jobs come in from the others looking out for you.

I don't operate on the level that you do, and I only have a helper some of the time. It is nice though to see the stats turn in favor of profit vs. more withdrawals than deposits. I am not sure if it is growth I am experiencing or just a full calandar. Just hope the back holds up. lol.

Great for you Jeff!

I haven't been on TGS much lately because of being so busy.

Mine business comes from various sources, through painters and HOA's front of the battle lines marketing, face to face, and the 3 foot business card rule but the resi's are booming for me and the deck work is picking up considerably. Truthfully, I haven't even been doing any classified advertising since Nov. of last year and the word of mouth or sub jobs have been very steady.

I have been landing alot of work from nicely placed business card holders in Gas stations and dry cleaners and diners. But like you said, even when it slows down, another round of jobs come in from the others looking out for you.

I don't operate on the level that you do, and I only have a helper some of the time. It is nice though to see the stats turn in favor of profit vs. more withdrawals than deposits. I am not sure if it is growth I am experiencing or just a full calandar. Just hope the back holds up. lol.

Thats great Adrian, its nice when you realize this thing called pressure washing really is a business that you can live off of and enjoy doing it for the most part. Its funny my wife was showing her co workers pictures of our house being built and one of the loan guys asked her "whats your husband do for work" She said owns a PW biz. The guy said you can make a living washing houses. Wife said its a lot more than that. Got to love PWing

Congrats on your growth and maybe you can get a full time guy somedays, its helps me with my back !!! I have many days that Im hurting lately so I dont wash I go out and sell, supervise or just deal with everything else thats going on.

Keep the work rolling

JL

I'm no where near fulltime with pwing. However, I have more than I can handle with hoods. That's my fulltime steady work, pwing is icing on the cake. However, I would like to buildup the pwing so I could do that and just have a crew or two for hoods. The only bad thing though, is I checked on workers comp for hood cleaning....my goodness, it's $30-$40 per $100 of payroll. Between that and taxes then actually paying a couple guys a decent wage.....I don't think I could afford it anymore.