Sign in to follow this  
hawk

Red Glider II

Question

I have talked with a company about purchasing a surface cleaner and they mentioned the red glider II, it would be between that or a Classic. I was leaning towards the BE 2000wawy ( less $$$), but they said it really wouldn't handle heat. I know this subject has been beat to death, but my search didn't pull up anything on the red glider. That worried me. Has anyone had any experience with this unit.

Thanks for any input.

Hank

12 answers to this question

The Whisper Wash Classic 19" Yellow surface cleaner is an excellent machine. I run hot water through mine all the time and have no problems. A lot of us on the boards use this machine and are very happy with it. Whisper Wash has inexpensive replacement parts also but your supplier or dealer can get them also.

I have talked with a company about purchasing a surface cleaner and they mentioned the red glider II, it would be between that or a Classic. I was leaning towards the BE 2000wawy ( less $$$), but they said it really wouldn't handle heat. I know this subject has been beat to death, but my search didn't pull up anything on the red glider. That worried me. Has anyone had any experience with this unit.

Thanks for any input.

Hank

No info on that unit, but I do know that you get what you pay for!

Mike, Chris, Thanks for your reply's. The Red Glider is made by Americlean which is a company that seperated from Hydrotec, (I Think). I went with the RG because of the sells pitch that the gun comes off of the unit with out having to turn off your washer. You can then rinse and cut in quicker. If I was suckered, this forum well hear about it. I know the "classic" would have been the safe choice, but I was looking for a feature that one had and the others didn't. We will see.

Hank http://www.pressurerwashersupplies.com/surface_cleaner_3.htm

I've never inserted a site before good luck.

Before you purchase the cleaner think about what you wrote about not turning the pressure washer off: There are a lot of us that do this without having to purchase a special surface cleaner. All you do it put a high pressure ball valve or gun at the end of your hose and then on your surface cleaners, lances, extend-a-wands, etc... put a Quick Connect coupler. On my Surface Cleaners they have a gun installed from the factory but I put a Q.C. Coupler on it so I can connect it in about 3 seconds with the gun on the end of my hose so when I am using my surface cleaner I can let go of the trigger on my hose-gun and then disconnect from the surface cleaner and then attach it to my dual-lance or extend-a-wand or whatever I need. You just have to get some extra Quick Connect Couplers and plugs which you will get anyway to have spares on hand. I have a 3/8" PLug on the Inlet of my hose-gun, 1/4" plug on the outlet of my hose-gun and on the end of the hose is a 3/8" Coupler so on the attachments I have 1/4" couplers so the only part that wears out is the plugs on the gun instead of plugs on everything. I would ask a lot more before purchasing this other brand of machine. Like Mike says, You get what you pay for. Too many times someone purchases something thinking that this is all they can afford when for some more money you get a product that is tried, tested and proven by so many of us professionals. Wait a little bit more, do some more jobs the hard way or do what you have to but I would listen to good advice instead of learning the hard way if I did not have to. Out of all the boards I visit all the time I do not think that I have heard of any problems with the Whisper Wash brand other than an isolated bearing problem. I had a spray bar that I had to replace but it was my fault because I was cleaning a parking lot and there were a couple of bolt studs in the concrete that I did not see and the spray bar hit the stud and tore the spray tip out of the spray bar. It cost me I think $58.00 plus shipping and I had it here the same week. There are several distributors of this brand that visit this board that you could get prices from. I had checked all around and asked before I purchased this brand and am very happy I did. Do you learn from others experience and mistakes or just your own? Who knows, maybe this red machine might be a good one but I would ask more and maybe on other boards to see if anyone has tried it before I try some brand I had never heard of when for a little more money I can use something that is proven. Just my opinion.

hawk i have an old BE 2000wawy and it has had millions of gallons of hot water ran through it and it still works ....i dont use it now except for a back up but it still works and its still original ,never rebuilt,but definatly not the best by any means but its worth the money

I went with the RG because of the sells pitch that the gun comes off of the unit with out having to turn off your washer. You can then rinse and cut in quicker.

Steel eagle has the same. Plan on going thru more O-Rings and q/c's as they wear faster with the extra movement they get from a surfacer.

hawk i have an old BE 2000wawy and it has had millions of gallons of hot water ran through it and it still works ....i dont use it now except for a back up but it still works and its still original ,never rebuilt,but definatly not the best by any means but its worth the money

The Whirl-away was the first surfacer I ever used. It worked well for a floater, and if that's all a guy can afford, then it sure beats wanding. I wanded the first concrete job I ever got, and that was the last concrete job I ever wanded! Thank God someone loaned me a surfacer for the next concrete job I had!

Even if you have to settle for a cheaper model, it will pay for itself the first few jobs.