Sign in to follow this  
mas3372

downstreaming

Question

Quick question.

I got my downstreamer in from pressurtek and will be installing next to my hose reel as advised. I do however have 2 other downstreamers plumbed in before my discharge quick connect that were there from the factory. I am thinking these should be removed to help with the draw. Me thinks that they would draw air perhaps and lessen the draw. Any suggestion. Thank.s

10 answers to this question

Quick question.

I got my downstreamer in from pressurtek and will be installing next to my hose reel as advised. I do however have 2 other downstreamers plumbed in before my discharge quick connect that were there from the factory. I am thinking these should be removed to help with the draw. Me thinks that they would draw air perhaps and lessen the draw. Any suggestion. Thank.s

Another thing to consider is to not permanently install the injector in line. I know some have theirs like that, but I think it restricts the flow while trying to clean concrete, or anything else for that matter. I only hook mine up while I'm using it, but once I'm finished say, cleaning a house or something, I always disconnect it.

Another thing to consider is to not permanently install the injector in line. I know some have theirs like that, but I think it restricts the flow while trying to clean concrete, or anything else for that matter. I only hook mine up while I'm using it, but once I'm finished say, cleaning a house or something, I always disconnect it.

i have mine installed and love the set up ...... no problems

I tried the downstreaming today with the parts from bob at pressure tek and I love it. Great chem application, cut the thickesy mold and mildew off. Reached 35 feet with a straight tight stream, much better control than the x-jet. still used the m5 to rinse, adjustable pattern is a great bonus.

I now believe I am a downstreamer. No more bucket either. I kept looking for it. x-jet ptsd I guess

I tried the downstreaming today with the parts from bob at pressure tek and I love it. Great chem application, cut the thickesy mold and mildew off. Reached 35 feet with a straight tight stream, much better control than the x-jet. still used the m5 to rinse, adjustable pattern is a great bonus.

I now believe I am a downstreamer. No more bucket either. I kept looking for it. x-jet ptsd I guess

Another convert! congrats. imho use the m5 for drawing stronger chem wheen needed and get 0,15, 25, 40 and 65 tips with several different orifice sizes. Like a 2510 for general rinsing, 0010 for general 2 story rinsing, maybe a 0/7 if you need a little more force up high There are a lot of combos that have there purposes. You can carry 4-6 tips and handle every thing you'll come across. Tips are light and more manueverable.

Dan, what would recommend for the least amount of pressure for rinsing plants and windows that will not drop the pressure enough draw chem?

Thank you for welcoming me into the world of downstreaming.

I just go back from the last wash of the day and again I would get all the way around the house and go back for the bucket and say "doh, no bucket"

General cleaning and rinsing for me is at about 1000-1400 depending.Thats at the tip. Usually a few hundred at the surface. You have from 0 to1000-1400 usable pressure depending on distance to the surface. Walk along a side from 10-20 ft. out pre-wetting,minimal pressure will hit the windows and plants.

I stop drawing chem at around 900-1000. With my set-up I tend to have more pressure with tips then standard nozzle charts say I should so I judge accordingly.