Sign in to follow this  
barryg33

getting started

Question

Hello all! I am new to TGS and to pressurewashing. I am hoping to get some helpful information on bidding jobs. I have been doing jobs for a year now, mostly freebie jobs or whatever the customer might want to pay me to gain experience. I have had GREAT responses and I'm getting lots of jobs just by word of mouth. I have 2 4gpm cold water set ups on a 12ft pull behind trailer. Doing only residential work for now. I'm having trouble knowing what to charge. I have a general idea and some national price ranges but its all for 2004. any suggestions on where to find some updated national surveys on price ranges? I know asking what others charge seems to be not the thing to do. I'm just asking on some ranges to help me get started. I've sunk alot of money out of pocket with very little return . I haven't quit my day job just yet! Ha Ha! i have all my insurance,logo,business cards,etc. If anyone could please give me some suggestions i'd greatly appreciate it.

Barryg

Bama Pressure Washing& Lawn Care

post-1979-137772159225_thumb.jpg

7 answers to this question

I walk the perimeter and pace it off. Each pace is 3 feet. Mulitply the footage by 1 for 1 story sections and by 2 for 2 story sections and by 3 1/2 for 3 story sections. Add all the sides together. Add $5 for each dormer, and $5 - $10 for each additional time consuming peak. My house washes include scrubbing the outside of the gutters, chimneys and front steps. I also add $1 per shutter, they can be a pain to cleanout the back of. Hip roofs have more gutters but less siding on with the lack of gable ends. therefore it is a trade off.

Ie. A colonial house that is 36 x 20 two story with a walk out basement (3 story rear). Garage attached that is 20x20 1 story.

Front of the house is 36 x 2 = $72

Rear is 36 x 3.5 = 126

Sides are 2 at 20x2 = $80

Garage is attached so only 3 sides at 20 x 1 = $60

Subtotal of $338

House has extra peak in front that is a PITA = $10

9 Shutters on the front $9

I dormer over garage or looks only (remember no room above) $5

Total price is $362 - I then round to $360.

The house I just described is my home plus I have a farmers porch and deck which are not included in the price.

hey barry ,i am in selma alabama so you are more than welcome to give me a call .....ihave been in the buisness around 10+ years so i will be more than happy to share all my mistakes with you so feel free to give me a call

It's very area dependant. Using Mike's example above I would quote $495 for a simple soap on/soap off job. If the garage were stucco and the foundation of the house was loaded with rust that required acidic treatment I would quote $895 and include hand brushing gutters, specialty cleaners and polymer/was coating on all structures.