Sign in to follow this  
eads

Tips For Downstreaming

Question

I have a really really big house(3 story) to clean next week and would like some input on what size tip to use to downstream to that height. I really love using my xjet but sometime its just to much of a hassle. Tangled hose, carrying 5 gal buckets around, keeping an eye out to not tip the bucket over in the customers carpet green lawn etc. Any suggestions? My unit specs are 4gpm at 4000psi with 200ft of hose. Thanks!

11 answers to this question

the xjet folks say you can use up to 100ft of hose for the xjet or the m5....helps a little ....i also use a .25 chem tip for downstreaming t sprays a little tighter and further than the 40 or 65

Call Bob at PressureTek he has a shooter tip that will work just fine for what you need, you can also get a 0 degree in something smaller than a 40 to get even higher cause of more PSI, but the draw rate probably won't be as high as with a 40

0025 tip will give you the maximum height and will still work with a 4 gpm machine. To make life easier on you get a smaller orifice 0 degree tip to rinse with. If you use a 6 ft wand you should be able to hit 50 feet.

0025 tip will give you the maximum height and will still work with a 4 gpm machine. To make life easier on you get a smaller orifice 0 degree tip to rinse with. If you use a 6 ft wand you should be able to hit 50 feet.

Where can I get a #25 or a #40 0 degree tip? The largest I could find were #10 tips.

I have a 4GPM machine also and just bought both a downstreamer and an M-jet. I'll be using both to see which one I like best.

Thanks...

Odd Jobs,

You will be happy you tried both. I tried to downstream with the wrong equipment so I bought and X jet. I then got the proper injector and with a little advise from Bob at pressure Tek, I love downstreaming. I still use the M Jet nozzle to rinse. If only someone made an adjustable pattern nozzle that dosn't cost $150.

I read thread after thread on one vs. the other and am glad I tried for myself. Call bob at pressuretek, he will help you with all the nozzles you need.