Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

Anyone certified through SM

Question

It's been a little while since I have been able to take a few minutes for TGSing. Busy has been pretty steady. Yeah!!!!!

Getting caught up on a few admin issues and was dealing with issues with Service Magic.

5 star rating on all categories. Maintained the prereq's. on ins. and CC info.

yet they tell me I am eligible after 6 months from now to become certified through SM.Yet, this is my second year with them. What gives? They are not the worst lead source but what is their cert. really worth and what weight does it hold? Is anyone here a certified Service Magic Contractor?

As I have appreciated my recent overload of business (and finally getting caught up for the next round), as I have been on jobsites doing houses and increased deck work. I find myself constantly looking for ways to improve and expedite this SCIENCE of exterior cleaning and restoration.

I have a few ideas that need a little more headwork, before I bring them to the table. Plus I have heard some great ideas from other companies in my area. I can't help it..... I like to improve whatever current situation is at hand. What is everyone doing to keep the trigger depressed for long periods of time so I don't get hand cramps.

I hope everyone is having a great Summer.

8 answers to this question

ok, well I just found out about the "Certification".

All it adds up to is a gold ribbon that says certified above the company profile.

So that covers that one.

any takers on the crampy hand issue..... or am I on my own to devise a trigger holder?

I can't be the only one who deals with this.

I know I'm going to get slammed here. Oh well. All my guns are split nozzle with the triggers taped in the on position. Only problem is if someone forgets to loosen off the throttle before firing up.

I have used Velcro to hold my handle in on my surface cleaner. I also use a ball valve on all attachments. The tennis ball works great too!

I think the best idea is to let a helper do all the work full time, but I am not quit there yet.

But, I love the way a tennis ball works. So simple and effective.

Thx all.