Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Stain on vinyl siding

Question

I have a building where the HOA Prez was doing some staining of wood and he dropped the bucket and theres a large area about 3x6' that has stain on the vinyl siding. Its been there for months now, what can i use to remove the oil wood stain?

Thanks

JL

10 answers to this question

Goof off will dry the oils in the vinyl. In most cases it works best to remove stains but it does leave cleaning marks behind. Make sure you don't use swirling motions or you will see it when you look down the side of the building...

Hd-80 and make sure you don't let it dry, and neutralize it……………..

Good luck

D

What was the product specifically?

Knowing this answer, I can better make a suggestion that would be suitable. Otherwise, Using a stripper would do the trick but could damage the installed stain on the deck from exposure in application and washing. Using a small sprayer bottle would allow for more direct application w/o excessive run-off onto the deck floor. Goof-Off will most likely remove it but as CrownRoyal mentioned, it can change the surface appearance on some vinyl's and leave a distinct mark where you have clean in relation to areas where you haven't. I am sure any improvement would be a good one but making the person aware of the potentials here would be prudent.

Rod!~

jeff, use deck stripper in a pump up, sodium hydroxide based. i clean stain off vinyl all the time from h.o's spilling it when staining their decks.

jeff, use deck stripper in a pump up, sodium hydroxide based. i clean stain off vinyl all the time from h.o's spilling it when staining their decks.

HEY BOB, How have you been!!!!!!!!!!!!!