Sign in to follow this  
andrew hartigan

estimate sheet(what do u think??)

I would recommend a set of colums with rows and each column having a title. ie, surface, area, price, misc. I use this and have 8 rows. One invoice might look like:

vinly house, 2400 square feet, $375, walk out basement

gutter scrub, 250 ft, included, minor streaking

pool apron, 340 ft2, $125, irrigation rust

then the bottom I have a price total.

This just works for me because I never know whatelst they may want cleaned.

Check out www.whitedogpress.com , good prices and fast turn around. I went with a 3 part, I leave the pink as their estimate. I retain the white and yellow. The yellow then becomes their signed reciept.

I would recommend a set of colums with rows and each column having a title. ie, surface, area, price, misc. I use this and have 8 rows. One invoice might look like:

vinly house, 2400 square feet, $375, walk out basement

gutter scrub, 250 ft, included, minor streaking

pool apron, 340 ft2, $125, irrigation rust

then the bottom I have a price total.

This just works for me because I never know whatelst they may want cleaned.

That was going to be my suggestion also...have a place to price EACH service...This way, the customer knows what he's paying for, and you have a place to add things they didn't request, but you see need attention. I've sold plenty of roof and driveway cleanings to people who just wanted their house washed.

I also throw in a note at the bottom that says. If you choose 3 or more surfaces, deduct 10%. choose all surfaces, deduct 15%.

Better to just leave a blank line for that, since not all jobs will need that, and in some cases, you won't want to offer a discount for multiple services.

I fill that in the blank line at the bottom if applicable. It is not part of the hard copy form. I will try to post a copy of mine tonight when I get home. It has worked very well for me.

Here is the form that I use. I buy 500 3 part forms at 8 1/2 by 11 for $90. Do a great job and fast turn around. www.whitedogpress.com.

Feel free to use my form if you think it may work for you or modify it as needed. If you do so, just please remember to change the company name at the bottom.

Invoice to post.doc

I really appreciate all your help. I really like the examples sent and will definitely go to a individual pricing system. I like the idea for the discounts cause around here that is what everyone looks for.

Quick question.

Do you think i should put something on there about how i use low pressure and industrial strength cleaning compounds etc just to show that i use professional methods and that im not going to blow off their shingles and bust the seals out of their windows???

Or would you just explain that in the bid.

thanks again guys

Andrew,

This is what I do and so far it has been good for me. I leave three peices of paper with every bid. One is the invoice which you saw above. The other is an advisment that states what I need them to do before I power wash as well as somethings that they need to be aware of. the third peice is sorta like a newsletter which describes my services to them. If I can't meet with them to give the bid, at least this will tell them a bit about me and what I do. If I do meet with them, it will remind them later. This letter along with the advisement, I think, Shows that I take concern and pride in my work. It anserws questions that they didn't even know they should ask. I think it also sets me aside from the joe lowballer who just gives a price and walks away. I attached the two other forms below.

washing letter to post.doc[/ATTACH]

Power Washing Advisement to post.doc