Sign in to follow this  

looking at a couple of different pressure washers one has a 13 horse honda the other has a 15 horse kohler engine. both are 4gpm,and both have AR triplex pumps. the Kohler is 4000 psi and the honda is 3500psi

If you had to choose which one would you go with and WHY.

Thanks in advance

looking at a couple of different pressure washers one has a 13 horse honda the other has a 15 horse kohler engine. both are 4gpm,and both have AR triplex pumps. the Kohler is 4000 psi and the honda is 3500psi

If you had to choose which one would you go with and WHY.

Thanks in advance

I have one of those Kohler 15 hp. I prefer them over the Hondas because they are equipped with oil filter. Also the 15 hp doesn't strain as much as that 13hp will.

Lots will say that the Honda starts easier but my Kohler starts on first pull everytime.

The pump that is on that Kohler is more than likely an AR RKV 4G40. Not that bad of a pump. That is probably a Porter Cable Brand. Another good thing about the 15hp is that you can upgrade to a 5.5 gpm @3000psi pump.

Kohler really does have a good engine, I have hade good luck with the ones I have had. The seem to run fairly quiet too. The extra power the Kohler provides is a benefit as well, it shouldn't have to work as hard to power the pump.