Sign in to follow this  
JBenson

18" whirl a way problems

I have an 18" whirl-a-way surface cleaner. I was using it yesterday and noticed i had to walk way to slow and as time went on it got slower and finally the bar stopped spinning. I flipped it over and water gushes out of a smalle hole on the bottom of the rotary head. I found a post saying to rebuild the head but i have one question. What does the kit come with because i cant see any seals to replace. Once i took the spray bar assembly out you can look up in the head and see the pressure hose screwed in, and the spray bar assembly just butts up to it, there is no seal in between. Is that right? Plus my bearings seem to have dirt in them as they are kind of rough. This unit has about 5 hours on it. Peice of crap. Any advice would be great.

P.S. I know the best advice is to buy a better surface cleaner. But i need to fix this one.

No need for a complete rebuild.It needs a new o-ring on the top of the rotary unit.Pretty easy fix I have done it a couple of times on ours.Call Sun Brite(ATL) and tell Tracy you need the small o-ring for the top of the spinner unit.They are a BE supply dealer and the only place I have found that you can get the parts from quickly.

They are small,but when they fail they cause alot of headaches.

You'll need some allen wreches and a pair of snap ring pliers.

I'm in the exact same boat, but mine has about 15 hours on it. I emailed Ultimate Washer and their recommendation was to try cleaning the spray nozzles with a pin first. I haven't had the time to mess with it, but it seems more likely that an o-ring blew...Thanks for the info Scott, now I know where to get a replacement o-ring!

Thank you scott. I will call tracy tomorrow.

Camelot, i checked my nozzles when this was all going on and it was fine. I will let you know how this turns out. thanks again