Sign in to follow this  
lynkage

Chemical injection question

Please bare with me as I am new at this.

Is it possible to "pump" chemicals into a DS instead of lowering the pressure at the wand.

I do however understand I would most likely want some kind of metering pump to determine exactly how much chem I want in the line.

My goal is to be able to build a manifold that would allow multiple chems to be used with a switch.

Any help would be appreciated

If you want to force chemicals into the line downstream you will need to inject it at a greater pressure than the output of the pressure pump. The downstream injector works by venturi and I am not aware of anyway it inject chemicals DS without an injector, which needs to reduce the pressure to create the venturi.

If you do want to use multiple chemicals with one injector you can do it fairly easy and inexpensive. The best method I found is to use a 3 way ball valve with some hose barbs and chemical line. It is simple and mostly problem free.

If you want to do it with switches the best method I found was to use DEMA valves in a series with various barbs and T's. I found this to be a pain in the ... they would short out or crack in transport, they didn't seem durable enough for over the road. It was a nice system because I set up wires to the gun for switching chemicals, but it proved to be more maint. and expense than it was worth. So I switched back to the manual valve.

I was really trying to stay away from upstream injection. My machine has upstream (Landa SGHW 3500-6) and the prob is the unloader has a recirc to the tank. Yea I could put it back to just a loop through the pump but I like having the ability of letting it run without overheating the pump.

I was looking at the DS and yes I would have to have something like a hydraulic pump to be able to overcome the check valve in the DS at high pressures.

I wonder if anyone knows if car washes do it up or downstream?

As far as the manifold I was going to use a Stainless block about 6"X2"x2" and then drill and tap to my needs. That also gives me the option to put flow meters and stuff to determine how much chems are being injected and at what rates.

Please keep the good stuff coming.

Car washes upstream through solenoids supplied by various product tanks. A remote control activating several relays could turn the chems on and off. For that matter, you could remote start and stop the pump with a clutch, turn the burner on and off, and even shut the engine down.