Sign in to follow this  
Buckeye

M-5 X-Jet...Low pressure Chem hose..how Long..??

Question

Hey guys, I'm new to the pressure washing business. I'm starting part time as a side venture and these forums are great. Thanks for all the great information. It has helped me not look like such a newbie..lol. Anyway, my question is in regards to the length of the low pressure chem hose that goes to my M-5 X-Jet. How long can it be? I was thinking about getting 50' of low pressure hose so that I wouldn't have to move my bucket as much. Also, how much high pressure hose do I need to do average sized homes? I have two 50' high pressure hoses but 100' doesn't seem to cut it for geting around the whole house. Can I keep on adding 50' after 50' or is it better to get a 100' hose and add on a 50' when I need it? Thanks again for all the great information provided. I couldn't have done it without you guys.

Chris

10 answers to this question

Hey guys, I'm new to the pressure washing business. I'm starting part time as a side venture and these forums are great. Thanks for all the great information. It has helped me not look like such a newbie..lol. Anyway, my question is in regards to the length of the low pressure chem hose that goes to my M-5 X-Jet. How long can it be? I was thinking about getting 50' of low pressure hose so that I wouldn't have to move my bucket as much. Also, how much high pressure hose do I need to do average sized homes? I have two 50' high pressure hoses but 100' doesn't seem to cut it for geting around the whole house. Can I keep on adding 50' after 50' or is it better to get a 100' hose and add on a 50' when I need it? Thanks again for all the great information provided. I couldn't have done it without you guys.

Chris

chris ,

i called them when i bought mine ,i have an m-5 ,they told me i could run up to 100 feet of 3/8 hose ....i hve a couple of sections i keep for different applications .....20feet ,50feet ,75 feet.......i have not used 100 but the rest work great....hope this helps

i do downstream but there are times when the x-jet is a useful tool ..... to be honest i have not used mine in months but it is invaluable when you are in a tight and it will work well ....last time used was on a church steeple

This is just me but I would get at least one section of 100' HP hose and then couple the 50 footer on there. I went right away with 2 100' ers and have never even run water throught the 50'er the machine came with.

Hmmm, I use mine with a 50 footer, works great. I wasn't sure a 100 would work. Now I know. 50 seems ideal, I'm wondering if 100 would be more PITA.

How bout some input from you 100 footers!!!

By the way, I was using air hose. worked well but when it's cold it's awful stiff. Picked up 300 ft of that clear braided hose that comes with the XJet.

Nice!! Very flexible, no need for a clamp at your XJet connection, no coupling to maintain, you can see chem coming at ya. 50 for XJet setup 250 for Shurflo roof setup.

ISYHTRAH

On pressure line if you dont have hose reel you might just want to use 50 footers just because its lighter to carry when loading & un loading

The length of hose may also be dependant upon the gpm of your machine in correllation with the ventury principal and it's rating. ie; The higher the gpm, the longer your hose can be and still draw chem.

Rod!~

If you are reeling, 100ft. Rolling, 50ft. I understand (and was loyal to for years) the reasoning behind 50ft hoses, but I find that I NEVER have a hose fail anywhere but a crimp. So, I'll never own another 50ft'er and I'm seriously thinking about custom cutting 300ft on each reel.