Sign in to follow this  
Henryk

How can I make my own X-jet?

I found a thread stating you can make one from Home Depot for around 10-20, but I just wanted to try one, before buying the real deal. Does anybody know how to make one?

Thanks

If you have not been using the xjet up to this point, just buy one. You will never look back. Use that $ from home depot to get an additional low pressure tip or go with the m5. Either way you can't go wrong. Leave the ladder at home.

Although I understand the desire to build your own, I cannot help you there.

You will find in this business that alot of accessorials will caost sometimes in the hundreds, but the xjet is well worth the cino spent.

Anyone who knows me on this forums knows how I feel about the xjet setup.

fill in the blanks.

Adrian LOVES his X-Jet! The problem with building your own or buying a cheaper knock off is that you will not get the same ratio of detergent as the original X-Jetâ„¢. That defeats the purpose of having it. If you are looking to get around the expense (you shouldn't be that low funded but that is another story) do some research on downstreaming. As long as you clean houses that have siding as opposed to stucco or dryvit, you won't need an X-Jet.

Just a quick question about the XJet.

When applying chemical to concrete, I can't see where the 40' reach would come in handy. If it is blasting 40' I am sure that it would be very messy in the sense that when spraying, the chemical and water splashes everywhere due to the pressure to get the 40' stream.

Am I correct? Or am I not envisioning the XJet correctly?

I don't do houses or roofs. Mainly concrete and kitchen exhausts. Would the XJet be good for either of these situations?

Kitchen exhaust applications would be better suited with a foaming style applicator. The hassl of the buckets, closerange nozzles and overspray would not make the X-Jet viable in KEC.

Many guys use the X-Jet for flatwork. In this application you positively want the real X-Jet. Anymore than a 2:1 dilution will just slow you down. With parts and stainless materials it will cost you at least $30 and probably much more as you waste material trying to get the thing right. Why would you even consider this for a $100 piece?

Just a quick question about the XJet.

When applying chemical to concrete, I can't see where the 40' reach would come in handy. If it is blasting 40' I am sure that it would be very messy in the sense that when spraying, the chemical and water splashes everywhere due to the pressure to get the 40' stream.

Am I correct? Or am I not envisioning the XJet correctly?

I don't do houses or roofs. Mainly concrete and kitchen exhausts. Would the XJet be good for either of these situations?

Lays down chem fast on concrete at around 40% chem. The spray is more like 20-25 ft. With an m5 open. Wet down surroundings.

I found a thread stating you can make one from Home Depot for around 10-20, but I just wanted to try one, before buying the real deal. Does anybody know how to make one?

Thanks

The "make your own Xjet" stuff I believe was started by a guy named Chuck Richard who doesn't frequent the boards anymore. He claimed to have figured out how to make one using home depot fittings, but never would explain exactly how. I don't think he ever really did it.

The original Xjet has a close-range fan tip, and the M5 is adjustable for closer work.

Look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chemical-Tip-for-Pressure-Washer-Shoots-50-Feet-High_W0QQitemZ250008597256QQihZ015QQcategoryZ50388QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I own about 5 of these and can confirm that they do as advertised: shoot water about 50 feet.

I wonder if you couldn't drill a small hole into the side and insert a hose to feed chemicals?

That is very simply a 0 degre tip with a large orifice and a QC attached. You can actually make one in about 60 seconds for about half the price as advertised there.

Drilling a hole in that would just ruin in. The X-Jet is a precision venturi system that relies on pressure to create the vacuum. What you propose, Grizzly would not work.

Look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Chemical-Tip-for-Pressure-Washer-Shoots-50-Feet-High_W0QQitemZ250008597256QQihZ015QQcategoryZ50388QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I own about 5 of these and can confirm that they do as advertised: shoot water about 50 feet.

I wonder if you couldn't drill a small hole into the side and insert a hose to feed chemicals?

I've got several myself...and if you drill a hole in the side, attach a fitting and a hose, you'll simply shoot water out of the hose AND the tip.

Why not just spend the money on the correct equipment?