Sign in to follow this  
DustinC

how many houses in 05?

Question

6 answers to this question

56 houses (counting a HOA job that included 18 houses), 31 decks (over 47,000 s/f), 22 commercial buildings (mostly retail stores), 2 brick restorations, 6 interior paint jobs.

I am 60% through my '06 season and have all of those numbers beat, except for the commercial work which I try to shy away from. The first couple of weeks of July were SLOWWWW which was my fault for delaying my mailer. Its back like gang busters again. Thank God.

67 last year, for the year. ( one of those jobs included 56 town homes) = 123 total

53 so far this year. (plus I picked 2 H.O.A.'s so it isn't over yet)

Started up in spring of '05 part time, I washed 12 houses most of them were people I knew. I love seeing some of the high numbers posted so far, it gets me pumped up.

67 last year, for the year. ( one of those jobs included 56 town homes) = 123 total

53 so far this year. (plus I picked 2 H.O.A.'s so it isn't over yet)

Adrian what's up,

How do you pick up H.O.A.'s or how do you target them? I landed a job with one this year for 4 apartments but they found me in the book. I can't seem to find anymore associations similiar.

I got really lucky with 2 of them.

1 HOA is run by the prez who is the drummer in my band.

1 Hoa is the vprez who is also my #1 guy I sub from for all his prep for painting.

1 Simply called me from my yellow pages add and I sold myself from there.

Most bi-laws ( from what I am learning) required H.O.'s to maintain their property at a certain level or face a fine. That works in your favor.

From there I have ran ads in their HOA newsletters. It has paid off well so far ( for a 1 man op anyway). very cheap.... about 40.00-50.00 for ad.

Also drive the subdivisions you want to work at and look for main office and target them that way. Cold call. Get names. Puff your feathers a bit as well.

Do searches in your areas and then solicite them with your company profile.

Get ph#'s and emails.

Scroll throught he yellow pages and target them as well.

For every 10 or so you may get 1.

That's how I have been doing it ..... a little luck helped in this case.