Sign in to follow this  
mas3372

I am so sick of the Gas whiners

Question

I am so sick of hearing, the gas prices this and the gas prices that. We can't afford $500 for this and for that because of the gas prices.

Yes, I think gas is expensive. I hate paying $3 per gallon, I hate paying $2 per gallon. Yes I think the gas game is pathetic and we should seak alternative energy sources. But I am sick of everyone using a nickle increase as an excuse.

Case and Point. My truck uses about 20 gallon per week for my commuting to from the staion, errands, pw, etc. At $2.5 a gallon, thats $50, gas is up to $3 per gal and so I pay $60. A ten buck difference. Yes this adds up, I get it. But a $10 a week increas for some has given them this excuse as to why they can't afford so many other things. It's not that much of a difference.

And what really gets me mad. Two stations across from one another have a 1 cent difference. And the cheaper station has lines down the road. so while I am paying the whole extra penny per gallon which totals a whole whopping 20 cents on the final tab, I can't help but to think. How dumb are some people to not be able to do the math and realizing they are waiting in line for 20 minutes to save a quater. Are we all that caught up in gas prices that we can't figure out the actuall monetary difference.

Then there is my grandfather who will travel 3 miles to save a penny, well, thats o.k. because he is family and he's old.

Thanks for letting me vent.

34 answers to this question

Maybe I'm in another world here, but even with the increase in gas, increase in food, increases everywhere, we're not seeing a decrease in folks wanting our services. A large part of our marketing however, has been to take care of/update/facelift what you have and make it more valuable and last longer - seems to be keeping the phone ringing here. I know that everybody that has enough sense to spend their money on their primary investment doesn't live in NC! We also have not increased our prices due to rising gas costs - doesn't seem fair for us to charge more when our customers aren't getting paid more to offset their gas costs :(

Celeste

Maybe I'm in another world here, but even with the increase in gas, increase in food, increases everywhere, we're not seeing a decrease in folks wanting our services. A large part of our marketing however, has been to take care of/update/facelift what you have and make it more valuable and last longer - seems to be keeping the phone ringing here. I know that everybody that has enough sense to spend their money on their primary investment doesn't live in NC! We also have not increased our prices due to rising gas costs - doesn't seem fair for us to charge more when our customers aren't getting paid more to offset their gas costs :(

Celeste

The customers' gas costs are insignificant, in most cases, to what we deal with. Joe Homeowner might fill his 14 gallon tank once a week. I fill my 30 gallon tank twice/week, and my 10 gallon tanks several times/week.

In an area like DC where many commute from Maryland into either DC or Virginia each day, for about 1 to 1.5 hours each direction, sitting in bumper to bumper traffic....it might be a different story.

Don't get me wrong, business is very good, but there is more hesitancy here in the DC area....in the heart of the political climate.

Beth

Let me clarify "increase" where the customers costs are concerned - I meant our customers are not getting raises to cover all of their increases (not just gas). I mis-typed - oops!

Celeste

Ah :)

Yeah I suspect that is true overall. I doubt that employers are handing out anything other than standard increases based upon annual merit raises, and inflation is growing at a higher rate than that....

I saw milk at $3.99 per gallon here last week at one point. That's just sick considering how much gets wasted every week because it doesn't sell.

Beth

I think we need to go to other fuel sources... Stop the oil demand..

Give our farmers a chance to grow our fuel and It should be cheaper for us because its in our back yard... not 5000 miles away. NOt only that but it would help the the agriculture market increase and help pull the farming market out of the hole.

40% of our oil suppy goes right to our military the other 60% is broken down into the US storage and finally us the consumers..

OIL sucks LOL.

I think we need to go to other fuel sources... Stop the oil demand..

Give our farmers a chance to grow our fuel and It should be cheaper for us because its in our back yard... not 5000 miles away. NOt only that but it would help the the agriculture market increase and help pull the farming market out of the hole.

40% of our oil suppy goes right to our military the other 60% is broken down into the US storage and finally us the consumers..

OIL sucks LOL.

I don't think we have enough farmland to grow both food AND enough crops to supply our fuel needs. A combination of different technologies is likely our best bet. There are so many options, but most are years away from realistic implementation.