Sign in to follow this  
Tom DeFrancesco

Need help removing old floor epoxy.

Question

10 answers to this question

Removed epoxy from two restroom floors, and shower stalls at a camp ground earlier this year. Took two days had heat, turbo nozzle and 15deg tips. Job really su#&ed. Had pieces of epoxy everywhere. Finally broke down and bought some epoxy stripper had to put it down three times with power wash between each. Finally got it off, or at least the best it was going to come off. They liked the job, but next time I'll know better and run, not walk, run the other way.

Good luck

Removed epoxy from two restroom floors, and shower stalls at a camp ground earlier this year. Took two days had heat, turbo nozzle and 15deg tips. Job really su#&ed. Had pieces of epoxy everywhere. Finally broke down and bought some epoxy stripper had to put it down three times with power wash between each. Finally got it off, or at least the best it was going to come off. They liked the job, but next time I'll know better and run, not walk, run the other way.

Good luck

you probably could have been done in a matter of a few hours with a scarifier or grinder.

I would talk to some flooring guys, they will use that tipe of equip to remove the glue from old catpet and tile sometimes and they could give you an idea about how long it usually takes. Or try a concrete grinding/leveling company?

Listen to Jim.

scarifier, grinder (with vacuum preferrably), or a small shot blaster. Go to your nearest Equipment rental outlet and they can help you. Normally you can charge 1-2 bucks a foot. Sometimes it's more. We've done removal jobs where we charged upwards of 4 bucks a foot.

Thank you Paul, Mike and Craig. Unfortunately I asked prematurley. I went to look at the floor over the weekend and it turns out it is NOT epoxy. It is regular oil based paint. I spoke before i looked. I assumed the customer new what he had. Atleast I know about the epoxy now if I should ever get a call. Thanks again.