Sign in to follow this  
EnviroClean

Help Name New Company

New name for Kitchen Exhaust Service  

21 members have voted

1. 1. New name for Kitchen Exhaust Service

• Caribbean Duct--Logo-A too hip duck lounging under a palm tree with shades and a Hawaiian shirt.
    • Caribbean Hood and Duct--same little duck but work in a Hood motif.
    • EnviroClean Exhaust Service---Slight Skew on current logo.
    • Caribbean Exhaust Service
    • EnviroClean Hood and Duct
    • Two J's Hood and Duct--Logo with two birds and a hood and duct system.
    • Grease Pirates of The Caribbean--Logo with typical Jolly Roger insignia---Too Corny?
    • Grasa Piratas del Caribe---Spanish twist to above.
    • Stick with already incorporated name?
    • Give it up, you'll never make it as a greaser either.

Ok friends,

I have decided to definatley get involved with grease. It is going to be rough getting customers up to snuff but the overall response from my market survey has been very positive. I am having trouble coming up with a good name so I thought I'd include the TGS family in on process. My Pressure Wash business official name is rather boring so I will form a new company apart from "EnviroClean Pressure Washing Corporation"

I guess I'll do a poll and be open to your suggestions as well.

Grease Pirates of the Caribbean

- taking the grease and leaving the shine -

Variations on the byline:

- we leave behind a treasure

- kitchen exhaust cleaning worth its weight in gold

- making kitchen exhaust cleaning a true treasure

You already came up with the name. I think it lends itself well to familiarity, just a bit of cleverness and an endless expansion of marketing campaigns. Those bylines are just quick ones I came up with on the fly, but you can see that with some thought you can come up with something catchy.

Ken,

We may fight on here sometimes but I cannot argue about your marketing ideas. Thanks! Believe it or not the whole Pirates of the Caribbean idea is actualy more popular stateside even though this is where things really took place in history...I don't know why but it is so.

By the way I saw on CNN there is going to be a huge Star Trek auction somewhere, I thought of you with a chuckle..are you bidding?

Although I'm not the marketing guru that Mr. Fenner is, I wanted to toss in my .02 here as we have faced a slightly similar situation. I voted to keep the same incorporated name - you're hitting a very populer topic with the Enviro part of your name. You have very likely already realized some recognition with your existing name, why would you want to take away from that and try to redirect some of your existing branding. You're still cleaning. It would probably be less costly to just slant your marketing, add a tag line, something like that.

Celeste

Thanks for the input Celeste. I just do not know if it will be easy for Reastaurants to associate...EnviroClean Pressure Washing with Grease and Exhaust. I could be wrong but it just seems like the Exhaust companies I have met with and the vast majority on this, other boards, and listed in phone books accross the nation seem to have a word or words about the theme of the kitchen cleaning they are doing...sort of like Pressure Washing is too generic...I don't know???

I'm with Ken, right when I first read "Grease Pirates of the Caribbean" I was hooked!! LOL! I love it. If I was a restaurant owner thumbing through the yellow pages and for a kitchen exhaust company and ran across that name it would grab my attention immediately, and possibly give me a bit of a chuckle. As Ken said the marketing possibilities with that name are endless. There's nothing wrong with "Enviroclean", but its much more bland, and much more forgettable than the Grease Pirates. That's one thing I've always regretted about the name of my company, it's just to bland and plain. If I could do it over again I would use something with a bit more snap, crackle and pop.

Thanks for the input Celeste. I just do not know if it will be easy for Reastaurants to associate...EnviroClean Pressure Washing with Grease and Exhaust. I could be wrong but it just seems like the Exhaust companies I have met with and the vast majority on this, other boards, and listed in phone books accross the nation seem to have a word or words about the theme of the kitchen cleaning they are doing...sort of like Pressure Washing is too generic...I don't know???

I do know what you mean.......that was the dilemna we faced when I decided to go into overlays......who would think of a pressure washing company installing decorative overlays??? BUT, Carolina ProWash was already known and I didn't want to face a year or more of establishing a new identity. We have dropped pressure washing as part of our logo - it's only the name and splash and we've incorporate the film strip that you see on our webpage into all of our marketing. It's been somewhat difficult but not nearly as hard I don't think as starting over again with a new company name.

Celeste

Grease Pirates of the Caribbean !!!! But Work on the logo, make the jolly rodger your own, not the typical one.:island:

Ken is the man!!!!! I like HotShot...oh wait, that's already taken :)

I agree with Celeste also...word of mouth will spread like a "grease" fire once you start doing a good job for people. You'll have that island "wrapped" up in no time. Those word of mouth calls are the best, they're already open, it's not a cold call. I don't think your name will matter as much as you think. But on the other hand, it couldn't hurt....

I like HotShot I think it is very clever. I am just thinking long term and plan to travel between Islands when I get larger, St Thomas, StCroix, Dominican Republic. I like the idea of a more "Caribbean" themed name that is catchy? I do like EnviroClean but when I went to Incoporate there was already and EnviroClean, Inc. So they made me change it, I guess I lost some of the love for the name right then and there.

Hotshot doesn't tell what you do, it has no connection or meaning to anyone not in the business. for example my wife ask what has hotshot got to do with cleaning grease?:confused:

Hotshot doesn't tell what you do, it has no connection or meaning to anyone not in the business. for example my wife ask what has hotshot got to do with cleaning grease?:confused:

Hello he uses hot water....better yet he uses hot water shot out at high pressure, kitchens are hot, he is good and fast at what he does...He is a HotShot Grease Cleaner Dude

Terry, I think Jason must have outbid me on those. He is the Trump of the Caribbean and a very avid fan of corny Sci-Fi . The last time I was at his house he opened the door in a StormTrooper outfit. :trooper: How can you compete with someone that dedicated?

Can't you have Grease Pirates as the name of your hood co and keep Enviroclean? Then just say Grease Pirates a division of enviroclean.

Terry,

Ken is still just stewing because I outbid him on a complete Buck Rogers action figure collection. He had the hots for Colonel Wilma Deering ( Erin Gray) and the TWIKI figure was 4 feet tall. If you ever happen to bump into Ken, look closely and you'll probably see him wearing an Under Roo's Pajama top or his Prized Pressure Washer For Life shirt.

Grease pirates is good. Beware the Disney empire though. They could easily put a stop order on that name for infringement. The argument that gets used most often is " would you have chosen that name without the ride/movie being in existence". A lot of people lose because of that argument.

A local girl lost her coffee name "Sambucks" to starbucks. BTW her name was Samantha Buck and that didn't help her.