Sign in to follow this  
TNT Pressure Washing

Help Choosing A Surface Cleaner

I bought a surface cleaner last year at Northern. It was a Northstar rated for 3000 psi and 2.6 gpm. I look back now and realize that it was not sized for my system, which explains why it didn't work right. I am looking at another one at Northern. It is made by General Pump rated for 1000-4000 psi and 8 gpm. Does anyone own this particular one or what kind do you recommend? I have a 13 hp 3600 psi 4 gpm. I am not limited to this one, I was just looking for one around here that way I wouldn't have to pay shipping on an over sized item. Thanks for the imput. DT

I bought a surface cleaner last year at Northern. It was a Northstar rated for 3000 psi and 2.6 gpm. I look back now and realize that it was not sized for my system, which explains why it didn't work right. I am looking at another one at Northern. It is made by General Pump rated for 1000-4000 psi and 8 gpm. Does anyone own this particular one or what kind do you recommend? I have a 13 hp 3600 psi 4 gpm. I am not limited to this one, I was just looking for one around here that way I wouldn't have to pay shipping on an over sized item. Thanks for the imput. DT

As with everything else, you get what you pay for.

Why do we complain when our customers hire lowballers, but then we go and buy cheap equipment for the sake of saving a few bucks?

www.pressuretek.com

He sells the Whisper Wash line, which is top quality. I own two Big Guys, and have had no problems out of either.

Steel eagle also makes a very durable surface cleaner. I have two that I use regularly and they have lasted for 10 and 8 years with very little maint.

There are three things I didn't like about the Steel Eagle I had (24" non-adjustable with the Dueblin union). First, it was heavy...quite a bit more so than the 28" Big Guy. Second, the union is EXPENSIVE. Dang near $400.00. Third, the spray bars are heavy, and easily bent. I've paid as little as $20.00 each, and as much as $40.00 each. They get knocked out of the right spray angle too easily, and it's a pain to adjust them. I don't have to worry about any of that with the Big Guy. Lightweight spray bar not easily bent (and I've whacked it pretty good on curbs), and the angle is pre-set. Just screw the tips in and go.

I am no veteren,but the Landa machine is SWEET!Lightweight,plenty of punch,attached wand,but only 19".It would be great to have a 28" from Landa.

The punch is provided by the machine! As long as all the parts are working, surfacers all work basically the same...they spin and spray water.

I know what you are saying about the Steel eagle being a little heavy and the swivels being expensive, but the only thing I have had to do is replace the o rings in the swivel once, and some occasional adjustments. Other than the time my guys ran mine over with the truck, 26,000 lbs, then I had to straighten it out with a hammer.

I like the Hydrotwister by Hydrotek. I have a 27" and love it. I have an old steel eagle that works fine, but since I got the Hydrotwister, I haven't hardly used the steel eagle.

I have 2 hydrotek - the 27 inch - It is reallt sweet and the smaller one with a dump valve to control pressure it works great.

2 whisper wash - one floater and one with wheels - Both are great

2 steel eagle recovery cleaners 19 inch with wheels and floater wall unit - Large one is great, works very well, small floater is PIA - My vacuums are to powerful for the small one - I can only use one motor on the vacuum - with both motors it seals to surfave and is difficult to use...

Mark W said it well - they all spin and spray water