Sign in to follow this  
tdwhitaker

roof cleaning

Question

13 answers to this question

Buy a wheel or learn how to figure square foot of roofs. I use a wheel. If you don't, you will be robbing yourself and other roof cleaners until you get teh hang of it.

go to ARMA and read up on the correct chems to use. You could then come back here and everything you need to know is in the archives. Plus, some of the best in the biz hang out here and are not afraid to help if you research first. And always, always remember...homeowners dont like to or cant get on the slippery wet moldy slick roof and risk their lives. Some of us do just that everyday, risk our lives.

I don't target roofs heavily but I do clean them. No less then 15cents a sq ft for shingles and 20cents for tiles. If it's steep or very black it's more. If they won't pay my price, they'll have to find someone else. . Sodium Hypochlorite 50/50 is a good place to start. Some like to add tsp some don't. Don't use degreasers.

Buy a wheel or learn how to figure square foot of roofs. I use a wheel. If you don't, you will be robbing yourself and other roof cleaners until you get teh hang of it.

go to ARMA and read up on the correct chems to use. You could then come back here and everything you need to know is in the archives. Plus, some of the best in the biz hang out here and are not afraid to help if you research first. And always, always remember...homeowners dont like to or cant get on the slippery wet moldy slick roof and risk their lives. Some of us do just that everyday, risk our lives.

Thomas:

Do you get up on the roof and walk it off with the wheel, or walk it from the ground and calculate pitch, etc?

does anyone have a simple formula on pricing roof cleang, and what is the best chimical to use?????????

please help

Give me a call. I am right up the road from ya.

859-983-5955

I get the linear of the house. Look at pitch, shingle/tile, color, gutters, plants, debris on roof, how high etc....I then have set prices per foot. Doghouses and second tiers are added on to base.

I have used by the square on the roof and this is easier to explain and I can hit how much chem on the head with it, so it works for me.

How do you do your roofs? People like to see me walk around with the wheel I feel.

I get the linear of the house. Look at pitch, shingle/tile, color, gutters, plants, debris on roof, how high etc....I then have set prices per foot. Doghouses and second tiers are added on to base.

I have used by the square on the roof and this is easier to explain and I can hit how much chem on the head with it, so it works for me.

How do you do your roofs? People like to see me walk around with the wheel I feel.

I just eyeball it, and usually look at the prop. appraiser's website to get the dimensions, because sometimes eyeballing can be deceiving until you get up there. I can usually nail it pretty close.

I eyeball residential roofs as well. I find that the biggest factors for me have more to do with whats on the ground and around the house than what I may be missing up on the roof, so I generally don't worry to much if I'm off a bit on my sqft estimate. Gutters/no gutters, landscaping these are the things that I can lose a lot of time on.

This kind of stuff needs to stay in the roofing section so when we say "search" they only have to go one place.

Just my opinion

Scott

Atta boy Scott, and don't give em any of our secrets!!

ISYHTRAH

20 CENTS A SQUARE FOOT FOR ROOF WORK??????

Holly &^%#. I have to move.

Most Pw around here don't do tiles. You use more chemical, It's much more risky for the operator and you can break tiles. It should be more. I grew up in Lauderdale and know there are a lot of flat tiles. Washaway, what's the norm down there for tiles? I use to ride dunebuggies as a kid at a place in Boca called Hidden Valley. Ever heard of it? This was in the early 70's when Boca was real small.