Sign in to follow this  
dsp powerwash

twp 200

Question

Has anybody ever used twp 200 series? The 100 isnt voc compliant in my area anymore, and i tried the 500 series last year but it seems to fade much quicker than the 100 series. The 200 is a parrafin oil based product and was formulated for cedar shake roofs , where i have seen it last for 4-5 years. I have used it on about 6or 8 decks and they look real good, and it only takes one coat even on olds decks. frank

21 answers to this question

The 200 series has a much higher solid content which is better for the woods longevity Great for porous wood (cedar shakes). On newer wood it would be more difficult to use. You can see the great results " BDA Shane" get's with BGA. IN fact similar to TWP's products. Ready Seal would be a good choice also. These products are the best for wood preservation and ease of application ( and maint.)

Tex, I thought your post was funny until I saw your web site and Ken's. You all sell product's !!!!!

Ethan, as a distributor, you need to refrain from making statements that someone else's product is "horrible" or any other means bashing. You especially shouldn't follow up something like that with it being your opinion. Please edit your post to reflect results from testing as opposed to your opinion.

Thank you.

Bakers Grey Away is absolutely horrible. I've seen the testing on the product. My own opinion but it's a fact.

Well that's easy to say about a product BGA that most people are trying to copy like the guys who are buying the concentrate to reproduce the quality of the Baker's Gray Away.

Ethan why don't you call the Texas Forest Service and ask them about our quality of stain I USE and keeps my customers happy for the last 16 yrs.

You can have your opinon and that's cool but to come here and BASH a proven product is just lame for a copycat type product you are mixing yourself.

What makes your SO called Special stain you mix better than Gray Away huh??

Ethan,

...Okay, so your product is better. So once you recieve the TWP concentrate, what is it that you do to it that makes your better than GreyAway?? Pretty simple question, doesn't require any proprietary info. Or better yet, what makes it better than just straight twp200 out of the pail?? ....And what if Amteco saw the disparaging remarks you were making about a competitor that uses the same/similar base product?? This might be a good opportunity to consider utilizing the "edit" button.

And from someone who posted recently that he has been doing exterior staining for "six months". Needs to learn a bit of diplomacy in my opinion.

The 200 series has a much higher solid content which is better for the woods longevity Great for porous wood (cedar shakes). On newer wood it would be more difficult to use. You can see the great results " BDA Shane" get's with BGA. IN fact similar to TWP's products. Ready Seal would be a good choice also. These products are the best for wood preservation and ease of application ( and maint.)

Tex, I thought your post was funny until I saw your web site and Ken's. You all sell product's !!!!!

Hey there. Sorry to bother you but it looks as if I have caused a stir. Last week I fired a guy and he took my laptop with him with all my passwords to different sites. He has threatened to do things to harm my company. I have changed my password on this site and others. His name is Robert Hollie if he ever pops up on here. Again sorry for the post and sorry to Bakers Grey Away. I do sell products on my site but again thats not the way I do business.

Sincerely sorry!

Perhaps Beth can help you. I believe she can view the IP addresses where the post origonate from. She may be able to locate your laptop by comparing IP addresses of the early post with your most recent post.

Good Luck, sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Ethan. you certainly have some stunning work in your company's gallery for only being in bus for just over a year. I particularly like the Ipe deck!

As to the IP address between posts - there is no conflict with the IP's. Guess that won't help in locating the laptop.

Celeste

Here on TGS we suggest that if a company is going to have more than one employee login to the forums, that each user have a unique user name and password - in other words their own TGS account. This helps to avoid identity "confusion".

Beth

:cup: time for coffee :cup:

Ethan. you certainly have some stunning work in your company's gallery for only being in bus for just over a year. I particularly like the Ipe deck!

As to the IP address between posts - there is no conflict with the IP's. Guess that won't help in locating the laptop.

Celeste

I've been in business for 6 years.

Here on TGS we suggest that if a company is going to have more than one employee login to the forums, that each user have a unique user name and password - in other words their own TGS account. This helps to avoid identity "confusion".

Beth

:cup: time for coffee :cup:

Definitely wont happen agian.

Celeste

What is an Ipe deck?

Now I'm really confused after checking out the link above. Ethan, is it six months or six years? Who did the Ipe deck if you don't even know what one is? They take some expertise from what I read here.

Ethan,

regarding your PM, I thought you were using the twp concentrate, but I guess you are using the WoodDefender conc/Product. Hey, the guy you fired may be disgruntled, but at least in that post by "Garcii" where "the fired" criticized his work, he was still trying to filter the work back to Texseal. So he may be disgruntled, but he still seems to be trying to push your products for you!

http://forums.thegrimescene.com/showthread.php?p=49375#post49375

This is the forum where you state (in January 06) that you've been doing wood for about 6 months.

The Ipe deck in your gallery is the deck with the wrought iron rails. I've seen it on several Ipe sites which was why I was impressed that your work was used already in others' advertising.

Celeste