Sign in to follow this  
Chappy

best way to attach a float valve

new tank, new problem. what is the best way to attach a float valve to a round tank?

If i got a hudson valve will it fit in the opening?

its a 125 gal tank, with a 5" (?) opening at top.

Pics are nice if you have them.

post-4622-137772165283_thumb.jpg

Jon. Did you not have a float valve setup on your last tank? A hudson will go through the 5" opening. Shouldn't have any prob mounting it at the apex of the top of the tank, maybe between the opening and the band with the arm and float pointed towards the end. You might want to put your inlet and bypass on the opposite end of the tank from your outlet port. Sometimes I'll get air in the lines at low water level from the agitation of water from the supply and bypass coming in from the top. There's quite a bit of force/pressure coming from the bypass line.

/neil

You can put it anywhere that you can install a bulkhead fitting. That way it has good support.

I like my tanks full, so i have mine very close to the top. I use rectangular tanks, but that makes no difference.

Here is a pic of my bulkheads and ball valves. The Hudson Floats are on the other side of the bulks.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2078&d=1118202119

I have one of those toilet type float valves. but the curve of the tank is too narrow to fit the arm if I mount it on the side of the lip. On the long end, the lip is too narrow. I can mount it on the end but I was trying to avoid holes in the side of the tank.

Alan, I like that set up. isnt the Hudson a verticle mount for the top of the tank?

I have an elbow from the bulkhead to the hudson. The front tank was already drilled from the side, so when I added the rear plumbing, I did it the same. When the valves fail, I can shut off the water. They all fail after awhile. I even use the larger 1" hi temp ones and they still go out. Not sure why I even bother anymore.

I added all the ball valves, so I could fill either tank. The one on the right went to a small float tank on the skid, but when i went 8 gpm, I diconnected the tank, but kept the line to use for misc items when needed. Works nice to daisy chain machines off one spigot and to fill chem jugs, wash hands, etc.