Sign in to follow this  
Deck Guy

Is there a good clear sealer?

Question

Simple question, no lectures please (because I probably agree with you). I just am looking for a good, and if possible, easy to apply clear sealer, or something with a little amber or honey to it. Share your experiences.

7 answers to this question

Would this be too much pigment? Look at the rails on the left. The rail on th right and steps were done five minutes before this pic was taken and sealer hasn't fully penetrated yet. This deck was stained a year ago and still isn't gray. There is no clear that will hold up for more than 6 months. You need a little bit of UV protection.

IMAG062A.JPG

IMAG063A.JPG

This deck was stained a year ago and still isn't gray. There is no clear that will hold up for more than 6 months.

Sounds conflicted in a nuclear confused way :)

p.s. j/k..yer really saying that you almost went clear but that some pigment is there in bottom picture?...looks almost clear, wet,or very slightly pigmented..

I really like that look as does alot of folks out this way..Please tell us the color or mix you used for that Ken...Oh and where is that powerpoint you said I could get off you?

Oops, sorry about that Kevin. Everytime I go to PPI mails there are 300 customer inquiries I get into then I get burned out and forget why I originally signed in. Shooting me an email is the best way to remind me, then i'll reply and forward it to you. pressurepros mail(dot)com

Its Wood Tux Brown Sugar diluted 50% with min spirits.