Sign in to follow this  
Russell Cissell

Wood Restoration Photo Contest

Question

Extreme Solutions, Inc. is holding a wood restoration photo contest for our customers. Whether you use our products every day or have only tried them once, you are welcome to participate. The contest is being hosted right here on TheGrimeScene.com!

To enter, simply post any wood restoration picture showing the use (or results) of any product in the Extreme Solutions, Inc. wood restoration suite found at www.esproducts.net Include a brief description of what your photo shows. Once posted you are in the game!

Each photo will be assigned points based on a predetermined scale. Each photo will earn up to 80 points. The reaction your photo brings from viewers plays a big part in it's ranking. Photos will also earn points for creativity, composition, image quality and product representation among other things.

Each Photo will also be assigned to a category. After the entry deadline, the top 3 photos from each category will be posted in a Grime Scene Poll for final judging by your fellow contractors who use this site. You don't have to use our products to vote or share your opinion so even if you are not entered in the contest let us know which is your favorite photo!

The categories include

Best Deck Picture

Best Wood Home Picture

Best Series

The winner of each category will receive a $500.00 credit in our online store at http://www.esproducts.net/

In addition three photos will be selected from the entire field for a wildcard category. This can include one of the pictures from the other categories or any other wood restoration picture that is submitted. The top 3 wildcard photos will also be posted on The Grime Scene for final judging by your fellow contractors who use this site.

The winner of the wildcard category will receive a full years supply of restoration chemicals including HD-80, EFC-38 and Citralic Brightener/Neutralizer. That is over a $1,000.00 value!

If you have any other questions about the Extreme solutions, Inc. Photo Contest, feel free to post them below, or call 1-866-536-7393 for official rules and regulations. If you have trouble posting or prefer to remain anonymous you can e-mail the picture to imrcc1@aol.com and I will post it for you. The deadline for entry is December 20, 2006.

Best of Luck!

Russell Cissell

http://www.esproducts.net/

imrcc1@aol.com

1-866-536-7393

The fine print

ESI is collecting pictures for educational and marketing purposes. The goal of this contest is to add to the ESI image archive and all entries will be considered for that purpose. If your entry is selected for use either in ESI's educational or promotional programs you will be asked to issue a release for such use. All participants in the ESI Photo Contest reserve the right to deny permission to reproduce their image for such purposes. Permission is not required to participate in this contest.

ESI will select and post the three finalist in each category by January 1, 2007. The final contractor vote will be open from January, 1 2007 through March 1, 2007. Each $500.00 first prize credit can be applied to any product in our online store. The credit can also be used toward shipping. The credit will be issues immediately following the end of the voting period on March 1, 2007.

The Grand Prize winner of the Wildcard category will receive free restoration chemicals for the entire 2007 season. This includes HD-80, EFC-38 and Citralic Brightener/Neutralizer. This product is for the winners use only and is not to be sold or otherwise assigned to a third party. Product will be delivered monthly on demand based on scedualed/antisipated work.

You may enter as often as you like and may have multiple photos in the final judging. Photos do not have to be recent. As long as they show the use/results of any ESI wood restoration product they qualify. If you would like to enter a photograph that is not in a digital format you may do so by mailing the photo to: Photo Contest Care of Extreme Solutions, Inc. 955 LeFaivre Street Portage Des Sioux, MO 63373. We will scan and post the photo on your behalf. If you would like your original photo returned, please include a self addresses return envelope.

You may enter the contest anonymously if you choose, however in order to be selected for the final three you must grant permission for your name to be announced if you are chosen as the winner of any category including the Wildcard category.

Point System

Complexity of job - 10 Points

Product Representation - 10 Points

Image Quality - 10 Points

Overall Composure - 10 Points

Creativity of Shot - 10 Points

Description - 10 Points

Viewer Reaction - 20 Points

124 answers to this question

Cha Ching.

I have my guys finishing the first Wood Rich deck as I type this. I'll post pics later.

Are we posting the pictures here (in this thread)? Sorry if you already answered that I got excited and scrolled down to comment.

Sure, post them right here. It doesn't have to be a new photo either. If you have any favorites in your archive post those too.

If you need to reduce the file size in order to upload to TGS, I can do that for you. Just e-mail the file and I will post it on your behalf.

Eventually, at the end of the contest, the finalists will be moved to a seperate thread with a poll for voting.

Do you want finals or before & after comp shots?

Celeste

There are three categories: Decks, Houses and Series.

The Series category is for before/after shots or compilations.

You don't have to worry about the category. I will categorize them based on where they would earn the most points. There is also a Wildcard category made up of all of the photos submitted, regardless of which other category they are scored in.

You can submit any photo you like. Finals are nice, a good shot of a stripper working would score high on product representation points. We are not looking for anything in particular we are after the "wow" factor. If you look under the fine print you will see the point scale that will be applied to each photo submitted.

Still my best photo, from a job done 2 years ago. Mahogany two tone, stripped of blacked CWF using HD-80, brightened/neutralized with straight citric acid, and stained with Cabot's Austrailian Timber Oil, Honey Teak color.

Do not use the stain anymore, but the home, flowers and a lucky exposure make it my favorite picture.

5000 square foot monster coming up. We start that next week. Don't tell that Shane guy about this contest or I'll have to burn all my pictures.

Too late man the cats out the bag :cool:

On second read of Russ's original post i cant enter cuz all the products i use are not ESI's products so i can't enter.:lgtear:

Here is a pre-stained and a finished shot of a large project we are currently working on. This wood is Purpleheart. The finish is WTW. (Stay tuned for this project in its own thread next month!)

That shot definitely has "wow" factor. Celeste, that is really nice, it's unique, interesting and has a real artistic feel to it! Great job with the camera. If you have more shots from that job, post away!

Thanks for your participation!

Here is a ceiling done with Woodrich. Staining took about 30 minutes with at least 2 coats. No ladders were used due to the 5 foot extension on the wand - custom made. The ceiling is T-111 & the rafters are PTP. This will not win an award, but can show others what is involved in prepping an area for the work.

The home owner was very pleased with the outcome of this deck.

post-514-137772166557_thumb.jpg

Cedar railing finished in Woodrich Natural Cedar. 200sqft/gal spread rate. At the estimate, I was sweating over the Trex bandboard/facia/risers but after staining a sample and now with the project completed, it looks just fantastic. Lots of wiping on that Trex, though, to get product worked in and off with another dry rag. Figured out today that spray bottle makes just as much overspray as the Decker.

Still havin' fun!

/neil

post-1223-137772166607_thumb.jpg

What the heck, I'll post something. I'm really proud of this piece of work because it was the first deck I ever did. I stripped a failing sealer off with HD-80, then brightened with Citralic, then sealed with Dark Brown ReadySeal. I could've never done it without the help of this forum. I probably am not going to win, but I'll post anyways. Here are a couple of before and afters.

post-1958-137772166675_thumb.jpg

post-1958-137772166683_thumb.jpg

post-1958-137772166687_thumb.jpg