Sign in to follow this  
Washaway

Hoses

I'm looking for opinions from those that use and abuse their hoses big time.

I've been using Jet Blue, nonmarking hoses for the past 3 years and for some reason I've been told that they don't exist anymore (don't know if it's true or not).

I like them very much b/c they're rugged and tend not to warp and coil like the gray non-marking that I've thrown in the garbage.

What manufactured hoses do you use/recommend and why?

How have they held up and for how long?

I need to get new hoses by the end of this week so I'd like to put my order in tomorrow morning.

Thanks.

I've got 100 ft of gray neptune attached to 100 ft of gray gates hose. The gates hose seems to be wearing better. It is still shiny and not dulled or nicked as much as the neptune. I'm going to pay attention to this thread , maybe someone else has more info.

Washaway

I should have mentioned it while we were on the phone. Have you tried the goodyear (yellow)? We've been running them from the beggining. Heavy, absolutly, but they last. 200 ft.+ on a hose reel, no problems yet. We have about 1500 ft. and may have lost 10 or 12. Cut back 5 ft. and crimp on new conecters. The real pain in the _____ is when you have to hand role at the end of the day.

Washaway

I should have mentioned it while we were on the phone. Have you tried the goodyear (yellow)? We've been running them from the beggining. Heavy, absolutly, but they last. 200 ft.+ on a hose reel, no problems yet. We have about 1500 ft. and may have lost 10 or 12. Cut back 5 ft. and crimp on new conecters. The real pain in the _____ is when you have to hand role at the end of the day.

You 'must' invest in an electric hose reel. You have no idea how much of a difference it makes.

I use the two wire hose, it is a little heavier but it lasts a ton longer. Even when the casing wears they rarely blowout.

I loose the ends like others but I run acid through the lines and that is what eats them up. The casing will usually last about 6-10 months before it is really worn to the point I want to replace it.

Most of my washing is fleets so my guys will drag the hose around the sharp legs on trailers and drag it behind the truck when moving around the lots. The hose I have I have found is as durable as the goodyear and others on the market but better priced than most.

In my experience TUFF SKIN hose by LANDA is by far the best, but expensive.

I have had good luck with E-specs 2-wire 4500psi hoses (probably the same as what Paul uses)except the swivel ends leak often. I too run acid through my hoses which adds to wear and tear. When they leak I put on a new good quality swivel and the hoses last a good while.

Goodyear Neptune 4500 psi R2 was my favorite. I only changed as they do not make a 1?2" version.

I just order 250' from Southside Equipment yesterday. Should have them by Friday.