Sign in to follow this  
Richard

Graffiti on Aluminum Siding

Question

I got called yesterday from a PM that we do work for. Although I've done a fair amount of graffiti removal in the past few years, never aluminum siding.Tagaway is my first choice on Hydro boxes but thats baked enamel. Has anyone had experiance, and possably some words of wisdom. No pictures as I wouldn't even know how to post them if I had them.

Spray paint on aluminum siding. ?????????????????????????????????

6 answers to this question

Ive used tag on aluminum before at half strength.Let the owners know it will have a slight blemish dull to it.They will have to repaint.This happend to me once .There may be something else too to use.Im a believer in taginator & tagaway products for a lot of stuff.

Rich,

as always do a small area first. I used it on painted aluminum and it worked great but as Steve said it might leave a slight shadowing. When doing any type of grafitti removal i always tell the customer there is a chance of shadowing. I personally thing tag is the best thing on earth.

Thanks Steve and Tom for the responses

I love the tagaway/taginator products. I too warn about possable shadowing. My bigger concern is actually removing the powdercoat. I have warned them about possable damage, indicating that at least the tag will be gone.

My guys earlier this year removed the powdercoating on a ladys eavestrough through regular cleaning with a product with a similar chemical make up to Steve R's gutter shock (which I can't get up here). So yes I'm a little gun shy as that mistake cost me $1200 + tax.

I'm going to do a test spot and hope the original substrate remains in tact.

Tagaway is amazing. I did the job last night under a flood light. Temperature was down to about 50 degrees. It took a little longer because of the temp, but worked amazing. No ghosting. Sprayed the whole wall (misted), and wiped to give an even look.Quick easy money. If only they would all go that well.

Or, you could go out and buy a soda plaster like I did. There probably isn't that much of a problem with graffiti there to warrant the purchase, but I got mine for $200 and the media (Armex) runs roughly $31.50/50lb bag. I know there are Canadian distributors. There are also some vendors who will give you the blasting pot for free if you buy thier product. I am actually in the market for a more heavy use setup because of the need I have for it. I locked a contract with one local city and I am working on another contract with the next city over, so I will have a dedicated graffiti abatement rig and 2 PW rigs as well (one hot and one cold)