Sign in to follow this  
Camelot

Thanks TGS

Question

So I was sitting on the driveway, covered in soot from head to toe, looking at the heating coil that I just removed from my burner. There were pieces of insulation, wires, screws, pieces and parts etc...my wife kept nervously glancing at me as she trimmed the bushes in the front yard. You see, my burner wasn't firing correctly...it was smoking, spitting flames, etc...real scary stuff.

Now some of you are wondering "so big deal, you take it apart, clean the coil, remove any debris and 'voila'!" For me, this was a MAJOR undertaking. I have never been the handiest guy in the world, but becoming the owner of a pressure washing company quickly changed that. I shop vacced the burner, cleaned up the coil, cleared debris, made sure everything was firing properly and it WORKED!

I guess my point is that I, like many, have spent HOURS researching my chosen profession, usually ending up right where I started: The Grime Scene. I can't count the times I have gotten valuable information and help from legitimately GOOD people. In short, thank you to those that take the time to help. TGS has become an invaluable resource for me and has helped earn a living for my family. So without getting too sappy, I just wanted to say how thankful I am for my fellow professionals, their thirst for knowledge, and their willingness to share.

- John

:lgbow:

8 answers to this question

Wow...just about, except the cover vents horizontally, so it gave it a cool batmobile look. Well, cool until I realized it was about to melt my tank...LOL

Great post John! I've learned alot from the other pro's on this site.

I started my business when I was 20 years old in 1989 and I wish there was a site like this back then. For all the new people getting into the PW business this site is

a wealth of knowledge and information.

It seems that most business owners who post on TGS are always ready to offer support, and sometimes humor, to the "up and comers".

Thanks TGS

Dan

Wow. John, you are most welcome. Glad it all worked out. You're all welcome. I'm a little biased, but I do agree you can learn a great deal and network with some wonderful pros on this site.

Beth

:cup:

It's strange to say, but it's almost like having an on-line, infinite manual on how to be a successful pressure washer. I haven't had a question left unanswered, and the support is amazing. It has become a family joke in a way, because every time something goes wrong with my equipment, or I have an issue of some kind, we all say "it's time to hit The Grime Scene."

I too must give a world of thanks to everyone especially Beth & Rod for running this site. And Jim Bruno for taking me under his wing. I have learned a great deal and now realize how much is actually invoved in pressure cleaning. I have a whole new respect for it now. To think, I was balancing on a ladder with a wand and Big Box cleaner utilizing a 2800/3gpm machine getting soaking wet while doing a house wash and taking 4 hours on a basic colonial for peanuts. Now X-jet, 4gpm machine, citra & 12%, etc.... not a drop of water on me and done in an hour.

Thaaaannnnkkkk Yooouuuu TGS.

Tom,

I told you I was the BEST powerwasher in Orange County. Some day you will hold that title! I got your message but I just got home from crappy night and will be taking a nap. I'll call you today. I actually have a cleaning job to do that may interest you. and I can show you the suface cleaner!