Sign in to follow this  
StainlessDeal

Thanks Don and Pete!

Question

My wife and I took almost a week off for R&R this last week, and trekked to Orlando, FL.

I haven't been there in more than a month of Sundays, but man, what a good time we had. We did all the tourist garbage, well maybe not ALL, but much, and stayed off the computer for longer than I could imagine. It was very good to blow off some steam.

Here is where I thank the Guru and the Greek: Don Phelps and Pete Zaharopoulos (BigPete) took time from their busy schedules to have a LOOONG lunch on a Saturday with my wife and I.

Thanks guys! It was a highlight for me, and Tricia had a blast as well. I truly enjoyed actually seeing two of the terrific people I've only known on the phone and online since entering this field. You guys were great!

I know I'm gushing like a schoolgirl here, but meeting these fellas was a lot like sitting down with Elvis and starting the conversation with, "I like to noodle around on the guitar a bit, and I sing in the church choir..."

As I said in Orlando, if either of you ever gets near Omaha, I want to hear from you as soon as possible; I owe you a lunch. Of course, you'd probably have to be sentenced to Nebraska to get you here!

And Pete, if you want to do some stubble-duck, quail, or turkey hunting; it's on me anytime you can make it.

Thanks again, fellas!

post-1043-137772168443_thumb.jpg

post-1043-137772168453_thumb.jpg

3 answers to this question

Scott,

That’s classy to talk so highly of two guys that obviously helped you.

I have always found meeting with others in person is much better than the internet. Face to face is a great networking. To bad we cannot do this more often and really get to know each other and understand.

Way to go Pete and Don for being such nice guys. Good Luck in your future endeavors Scott, I’m sure your going to harness some of that knowledge and put it to work.

Thanks for the very kind words, Scott. Pete and I both enjoyed meeting you and your wonderful wife, Tricia. I wish we could've sat there all afternoon and talked, but life was calling.

Don't be a stranger to Orlando. We need to hook up again sometime and maybe we can get a few others onboard too.

Thanks again for a great time!

Don