Sign in to follow this  
CHUCK

Cemetery Head Stone Cleaning

Question

not to change the subject,but,has anyone ever done any cemetary stone cleaning,looking at some up coming offers,was just wondering what was a good product that wont harm the grass....thanks chuck

13 answers to this question

there is a law that prohibits this in NY... You have to get permission from the property owner of the headstone to clean it... getting pemission from and getting paid from the person who the stone belongs to is a serious PAI

We just got off a big job that we cleaned all the headstones in a cemetary due to a misshap at a company. Total stone restoration and the caretakers, and people that go to the church were impressed.

There's only like 14 active members of this church, and some of the headstones dated back to the 1700's. Guy was burried there from the Revolutionary War. I found him, the caretakers were looking for him for a long time they said.

Anyhow, one product we used was from Zep "zep PH Perfect" is what it's called. Worked pretty good. What worked better, didn't hurt any of the different types of stones, nor kill any grass or harm anything else was the soap that we make ourselves.

The PH Perfect, as explained to me, was good for any type of stone. At least that's what the salesman said to me. So, maybe that'll help you out.

D I tanks can be purchased from Culligan and it gives a spot free rinse . I used to use them to wash car lots that hardness of the water will determin how long they will last . Short story we went out to wash 3 lots I had a 24 foot frieghtliner with a 1000 gallon tank . We would use DI out of the 500 gallon tank rinse and not have to worry about water spotssince we worked at night early morning . A DI tank tips over the resin gets into the rinse and super spots them . We had to go back and re-wash 400 plus cars . The week before my guys pulled a hose over the hoods of a line of new cars .I quite washing cars that day !