Sign in to follow this  
Littlefield

Red clay mud on new concrete

My builder was a little miffed this morning that there was red clay mud tracked on newly ( 2 days ago) poured concrete.

He is sure it will not come out. I told him I thought otherwise, and would see what I could do for him. I'm trying to convince him that I can servic e all his new homes, instead of his hourly cleaning girl with the little P/wer he bought her.

She already tore up a deck using way too much pressure, although she trys hard.

Any suggestions on cleaning and later, sealing for him???

Thanks in advance...

Yes this thread is old, but in my case fitting. Poured concrete steps on a new (2 months old) town house I ordered just for resale. I used Diedrich 202 (New masonary cleaner) on the full brick unit. Yes I got 98% of the new construction dirt (red clay) and the motar smears off the entire front, but some red stains still remaine on the steps. Any ideas. The builder is interested in what I (you) can do?????????????????

if it was my construction company, I wouldnt pour the drives or the walks till last.

that doesnt help you

We painted on a small 60 unit tract where they did that.

It was winter.

Workers had as many boards and scrap laid out through the mud as they could get, but rough construction was done. It was a quagmire.

The homes were full of mud and 2 - 3ft up the walls. a real nightmare.

...and I've seen em where they just jackhammer the slabs out and re-pour em ! It's a crazy business when nobody cares...

How's your heatspell in Phoenix?

I recall working in 110 -117 just a few years ago, and the 105 - 106 we've had for a few days has got everyone melting.

Plenty of fire smoke now... It's actually worse than LA, and the actual fire is over 100 miles s of us...

Topic? Have you tried phosphoric acid solution on those red stains?

r

Rich

I'll try the phosphoric tomorrow. Thanks for the response.

Ron

Your right, that didn't help.

No fires, hurricanes...to report from my neck of the woods.

Up here it's windows down in the summer, and up in the winter.

No, let me rephrase that, it's windows down in the summer, and head south for the winter.

Yes this thread is old, but in my case fitting. Poured concrete steps on a new (2 months old) town house I ordered just for resale. I used Diedrich 202 (New masonary cleaner) on the full brick unit. Yes I got 98% of the new construction dirt (red clay) and the motar smears off the entire front, but some red stains still remaine on the steps. Any ideas. The builder is interested in what I (you) can do?????????????????

Nothing wrong at all with reviving an old thread. Sometimes they have some very helpful info in them. :)

Beth