Sign in to follow this  
Roscoe

ink on concrete

Question

Hi All!

I have been enjoying reading all the great info on the forums since becoming a member. Well it's time for me to post a question to you pros. I am a newcomer to the powerwashing world and am trying to get a part-time business going. I have had good results doing residential work along with some business accounts. I have ran across a new one that I hope one or more of you could help me with.

One of my customers is a local bank. While servicing the ATM the bank employee accidently set off the security ink cartridge that was installed inside the ATM. Purple ink went flying all over. Especially on the concrete surrounding the ATM. The bank approached me about getting this clean. I only have a cold water rig right now and have limited knowledge on what chemicals are best for the job.

Do any of you have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for the help. Looking forward to working with you guys.

Thanks!

Lee Stone

"Grime Fighters"

3 answers to this question

Since you are being hired by the bank, is there any chance that they can get some info from the manufactuor on what will clean this up. It may save quite a bit of time in testing.

They designed that ink not to come out, so I would be willing to say that the average chemicals are not going to remove this. Have a friend in the printing business and he says that they use alot of Xylene, Acetone, and Alcohol when cleaning the presses, however I have no idea how comparable these inks are.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll try and put it to some use. I had thought about contacting the ink manufacturer. I am in law enforcement(my full-time job) and they may release that info I'm not sure but it is worth a try. Thanks again!