What do you think of a black James Bond  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of a black James Bond

• Cool. I think it would work.
    • No way. I don't like the idea at all.
    • It's probably time for a black Bond.
    • Who is P-Diddy?

Question

Alright, meaningless poll here but I am curious as to other's feelings on this one. P-Diddy (black rap star I'm sure you recognize) put his name in for the first black James Bond. It's an interesting concept I suppose. How do you feel about that.

51 answers to this question

Jon, what rock did you come from?????? You really do get it do you.

You need to do better than insults---that will weaken empathy to your position. I don't know if I "get it" or not. I asked you to try and help me get it, but you just seem offended that I don't "get it" without being told.

You seem as though you were on of those kids who got bullied in school when you were little or you live in some rural outback woods.

...Man, us crackers and our stereotypes;) I may not live in a mecca of diversity like Elkhart, Indiana, but your ideas of me are probably far from true, though I don't need to justify them.

Maybe you need to take a diversity training course!

LOL, to teach me how different blacks are and how I should act around them??? Screw that. I'll treat a black person the same as I treat anyone else....equally. That used to be THE GOAL. And as long as your want/require "diversity".....you may as well forget the idea of "equal". Affirmative Action, etc. is such an albatross on the AA community it is disgusting.

I will not respond to anymore of this nonsense after this post because it seems as though some of you cannot understand where I am coming from when I responded to the initial post.

....And I asked you to clarify your position. I'm truly interested. How can you be offended that we as whites have an opinion on whether or not there is a "black Bond?"

No, I am not this angry black militant man, as describe above. I felt,IMHO, that this post was not appropriate and voiced my opinion on it. This is my opinion and my opinion only. I fought in Desert Storm, and the Mogodishu conflict and I believe when you fight for this country for the freedom of others to be able to enjoy the American Way, you should be able to stand for something with out being labeled a Angry Militant. "If you do not stand for something you will fall for anything".

...Thankfully (and appreciatively) you fought for that right.....but it also allows me the right to wholeheartedly disagree with you. I should not have labeled you, and I'm sorry that it offended you, but I felt your responses dictated that definition.

I was raised to respect others even if you have an opinion that could be view negatively by others. As my Lt. says " Once it leaves your mouth, you can not get it Back", so I called it out. That my right. Those who I have come into contact with in this business, knows my character and I see no need to justify it here on this board anymore.

Touche. I respect your opinions and views 100%, though at this point in the way you've described them, I don't agree with them at all. I wish I understood them better. And you have reason to attempt to justify your character to me or anyone else.....you've been around I have no questions of it.

I understand that as long as we are all different, we will be divisive. No question about it.

Peace.

Thanks for the enlightening discussion Jay,