Sign in to follow this  
4running

Powr Flite Vacs

55 Gallons! thats a little too much vac for me. This will be for vacuuming my car/ fireplace/drywall dust, and the occasional flooded basement. Even their 15 gallon unit is $700!

$3-400 is my max to spend.

55 Gallons! thats a little too much vac for me. This will be for vacuuming my car/ fireplace/drywall dust, and the occasional flooded basement. Even their 15 gallon unit is $700!

$3-400 is my max to spend.

Loveland Ash vacuums are the bomb!!! It is the best vacuum I've ever owned for drywall dust. It has a separate bag that keeps all the dust out of the filter.They were originally made for ash from fireplaces I think.I've had mine for 4 years and love it.

Scott

Power flite has some good deals, but I have been told they sell factory seconds. For around the house, that probably would not matter much, but is something to consider.

The Nikro is a hardcore vac that can take a serious beating. I have put a few into service and they all do well.

Whatever vac you decide on, try to get one that takes a filter that is readily available. Shop Vac makes a good.variety of filters now.

Well,

I stepped up to the plate and bought a Clarke CTV 15 Gallon Wet/Dry vac. Its looking like I might have bought two. I'll try to post a picture.

This Clarke seems like a nice unit. I was real impressed by some of the vacs in their Summit line. And as far as I know Clarke makes good equipment.

This is a used vac, so I also need to buy filters, and maybe some attachments. Any Ideas? Lowes didnt have filters for this Clarke vac, I think because they are washable.

If I do get the second one I'd be willing to pass the savings along to someone here on the board. I would rather they come pick it up, but would be willing to ship.

I'll you guys posted.

Kyle

Guest Sopowerclean

I have a 15 gallon power flite and I love it. I used it to wash the inside of a building that was concrete and brick to prep for paint. It has a drain on bottom and was easy to drain

I have a 15 gallon power flite and I love it. I used it to wash the inside of a building that was concrete and brick to prep for paint. It has a drain on bottom and was easy to drain

Is is the Poly tank 15 or the Steel tank 15 gallon?