Sign in to follow this  
PressurePros

I need a new leafblower - recommendations?

I have still have my first and only back pack blower which is 16 yrs old this year. Never touched the engine, did have the carb redone about 5 years ago and had to change the fuel filter this year. Its a Echo PB 4600, I think I got my money worth out of it, but just in case I bought another one exactly the same on Ebay two years ago for 30 bucks, works and everything, but don't use it till this one bites the dust.

My vote is for Echo.

Dan

Ken, as you know, I ran a tree service before this Pressure washing stuff. We have used all the blowers and chainsaws.

Blowers-Stihl are the hardest to tear up. Easy to start. They just plain work.

I've been using Stihl's largest handheld since 96'......BG85 I believe they call it. First got stolen and got another. Spent many a night in back of truck in rain, snow, etc. I'd equate Stihl with Honda......it'll get stolen or you'll get tired of looking at it and sell it, otherwise get used to it because it isn't going anywhere. My #1 chainsaw we still use for most of our heavy-duty apps (not terribly often, only on rot jobs) is only a couple of years younger than I am. A Stihl O28V.......my grandpa bought three in 1980 for my dad and two uncles. My dad's got stolen, my one uncle still uses his, I bought my other uncle's saw in about 98'. It's a beast. Blowers, saws, weedeaters, etc. I don't even shop around.

Echo PB-603 is what I have used for years. More than enough power for gutters and deck blow offs. In some cases it is too strong and you have to be careful. Will rip mud and junk out of gutters with ease.

If your main purpose is to blow out gutters and blow off decks. Then I would go with something hand held. Your chances of falling are reduced vs having 30lbs of counter weight on you back. Stihl or Echo are my personal choices.

The best backpack or hand held blowers on the market are either Red Max or Shindaiwa. Either one of these will last many many years and they are both amazing pieces of equipment. They are probly more expensive both worth every cent.