Sign in to follow this  
Adrian

No more 4 cylinders for me!!

Some of you have read of the adventures my little 4 cylinder have lead me into over the past few years. I get flipped off on a daily basis at the very least, because it is so slow. Great on Gas though. I have stepped up[ or steeped back to the past]. I scored this 454 suburban from the 77 in perfect shape with low miles and ALOT of power and speed if needed. Came with 14000 towing package. Garage kept and well maintained. Just thought I would share. Oh yeah, no computers either, so I can keep it up for the most part myself. It's like a battle ship going down the freeway. I haven't been flipped off all week long. That's a record for me.

post-1033-13777216999_thumb.jpg

post-1033-137772169997_thumb.jpg

normally wouldn't go in this direction but I could not pass it up.

You guys would kill me if you knew the song I paid for it. Incredibly low!!!!

It should hold me for a while and help me get restarted when I get to Texas.

You got to love power-- grunt grunt. I would turn the breather top back over for safety and reliability reasons. Remember that the breather is also a flame arrestor, if that monster were to backfire, with the top upside down fire could spread and burn up your new ride.

Good point, I thought he had it that way to draw more air. I will put it the right way. I just got back from a couple of bids that literally would have taken much more time in the 4 banger. Keep in mind I rarely saw 70mph in the 4 cyl. Now I'm at 80 and don't even remember getting there. I found myself behind some slower cars this morning and my heart went out to them.....( for about 3 seconds) then I merged with the flow ( which is generally 75 to 85 mph when everyone is bahaving, without any effort at all.

anyone want to buy a Ranger with relatively low miles?

I should break even with the sale of the ford, it's more recent. Right at 3k$.

As far as preference to vehicles, my preference is my mini 500 revolution helicopter, as for work trucks and performance, if everything works and gets me there, it doesn't matter the vehicle. I prefer to be airborne anyways. Less traffic up there!!!

Ill pimp it modern, just give me a little time.

Going to install electric lock pumps and alarm first off.

There is a key for the door which is a seperate key for the ignition, and then even another key for the electric window in back.

Then gun turrets and sheilds, and a cattle gaurd.

I just got through installing the "whip" cb antenna for the real retro look.

Gotta run, Charlies angels, Dallas, Dynasty,and 3's company is on.....

Some of you have read of the adventures my little 4 cylinder have lead me into over the past few years. I get flipped off on a daily basis at the very least, because it is so slow. Great on Gas though. I have stepped up[ or steeped back to the past]. I scored this 454 suburban from the 77 in perfect shape with low miles and ALOT of power and speed if needed. Came with 14000 towing package. Garage kept and well maintained. Just thought I would share. Oh yeah, no computers either, so I can keep it up for the most part myself. It's like a battle ship going down the freeway. I haven't been flipped off all week long. That's a record for me.
You could of bought my truck .Cause i bought a 2007 gmc duramax.You know what mine will do.

I just sold my tank because I won't need it for the move back to Texas.

Simple trailer setup really. 2 summit hose reels 2x8 planking. Really thick steel tubing all the way around. It has a long tongue on it which would have been great for a tool box, but I mounted a spare tire instead since the suburban has a tool box inside the size of a football field. Heavy duty leaf springs that barely depress with a full tank. 15 inch 60 series tires with alot of meat on the road. I also had a welder mount a ladder rack on the side above the fender. All in all a real find. Simple and basic as compared to the big boys, but it gets the job done real fine. I am very pleased with the truck and trailer setup I have now. A bit retro looking and not too modern at all. But I've got my xjet and a good ride to use it now. i will get a new tank when I get to Texas. They are a dime a dozen there.