Sign in to follow this  
TNT Pressure Washing

Ipod?

Question

Ok I think I have decided to move into 2006 (just as it ends lol). I am thinking of buying a video ipod. I want the 30 gb one. I just wanted to ask yall some questions though. First off how many of yall have them? Secondly, do you use them a lot, meaning do you listen to music while you pw or to show clients small clips of your surface cleaner in action or before and after pics of jobs? Thirdly, if you were going to purchase one, would you buy an ipod or one of the new microsoft zunes? Thanks.

11 answers to this question

HI Daniel,

My vote goes for the IPOD. I will start off by saying tho that I am NOT a mac zellet. I have no exprince with the Zune but Mac has been at this for a while now and It works! plus you can get the new 80 gig for 350. I paid 300 for my 30. (almost full too) I do have some power washing pictures on it and it is nice to Have when The laptop is not around. I is also nice to have around when you are waiting on a job for somereason. Last week we had to wait about an hour for an area to clear and My guy and I were watching Cartoons that I have downloaded and I had the Sound going through the truch Speakers. Thay have there place! But no matter what you get, go to someone like bestbuy and Get thier Warranty. Water and electronics do not mix.

Just my 2 cents.

I've used both and personally I like the Zune better, it has a better feel and hold to it. Plus, they are coming out with some neat add-ons for it in the near future.

Of course, that's just my personal preferance.

I love having my tunes on my Mp3 player...I had a Nomad jukebox, but I am switching to the Ipod 30gig...Just a tip: You can either purchase water proof cases for your MP3 player, or put it in a zip lock bag in your pocket. I like the zip lock because it's easier to maneuver the buttons...works well unless of course you soak it in bleach or something...

- John

I just had to replace my Ipod. Don't know why it failed but my extended warranty was two weeks from expiring when it went out. I replaced it with an Ipod 30 gig. They are great. I just need to figureout how to download movies on it, now, without using Itunes.

With ipods, are you limited to just music you download from the ipod site or can you put WMA / MP3 files on them? I have around 5,000 songs I've ripped from my CDs over the years and it would suck if none of them would work on a $350 music player.

I would be lost with out my ipod , currently I have an older mini with a pair of Bose Quiet Comfort head phones which work great but the cord can get in the way. So for 2007 I'm getting a 2nd gen nano with these head phones. http://www.macally.com/spec/ipod/mtune-n2.html Having music while working really makes the time fly and much more enjoyable then hearing the noise of the water or machine.

javascript:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300;y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI=document.images; DIL=DI.length; function A(){for(i=0; i<DIL; i++){DIS=DI[ i ].style; DIS.position='absolute';DIS.left= Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5;DIS.top=Math.cos(R*y1 +i*y2+y3)*y4+y5}R++}setInterval('A()',5); void(0)

javascript:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300;y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI=document.images; DIL=DI.length; function A(){for(i=0; i<DIL; i++){DIS=DI[ i ].style; DIS.position='absolute';DIS.left= Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5;DIS.top=Math.cos(R*y1 +i*y2+y3)*y4+y5}R++}setInterval('A()',5); void(0)

If uploading files and downloading from Ipod makes you talk like THIS, count me OUT !