Sign in to follow this  
grizzley

Surface Cleaner

Chris

You can run a sc that big, I've run a 30" on 4gpm but I had to walk extremely slow or I would get zebra stripes on the crete. I now own a 19" hover and I can clean concrete faster with it than with a bigger one. You have to match the sc to your size machine to get the most efficiency out of it. Also, that size nozzle sounds right.

Chris

You can run a sc that big, I've run a 30" on 4gpm but I had to walk extremely slow or I would get zebra stripes on the crete. I now own a 19" hover and I can clean concrete faster with it than with a bigger one. You have to match the sc to your size machine to get the most efficiency out of it. Also, that size nozzle sounds right.

I started with a 16" hover for my machine with the same specs. I knew I would have had problems if I went much bigger. I love it. It's fast enough for me and lots of power to clean.

Scott

Chris -

I have a 4gpm 4000psi machine and I just spoke to a Big Guy dealer yesterday. Of course his opinion is skewed, but he insisted that my machine would handle the big guy fine, albeit slow. He offered to let me rent one for the weekend ($50) to try it out. I haven't taken him up on his offer yet, but if I do I will let you know how it works out.

- John

Big guy will work, used one for a long time with 4gpm, But it is slower walking. I wouldnt use a (2)bar at all with only 4gpm. As your 4gpm gets older the big guy may be less effective also

Keep in mind that when you add nozzles, you split the flow. Pressure can be achieved with any amount of tips. A two bar used with 4 gpm gives you 2 gpm per nozzle,; a three nozzle unit would split the flow to 1.3333 gpm per nozzle; and so forth. To keep your pressure you just change orifice size, so 19", 30', 85" won't effect the nozzles preformance, just how fast you can walk based on the spinning of the two nozzles. That's why more gpm's will increase your speed. So size really does matter when compared to flow much more than with pressure. Three nozzles could let you move faster because the nozzles have less distance to travel in the revolution before the next nozzle starts it's clean path. You just have to be happy with the flow output of each nozzle, as that plays into the equation as well.