Sign in to follow this  
Neil_Asheville

Good glove store?

Good morning. I'm looking for a glove for colder weather washing. Anyone have a good source?

- PVC / chem proof coated hands, elastic cuff not coated, but resistant

- insulated

- not bulky

- longer than 14" cuff, preferably something that is near elbow length with some elasticity that can keep a PVC jacket sleeve secured.

Perhaps something even neoprene with coated hands. I don't like it much when I'm reaching overhead and my jacket pulls out of my glove cuff and nasty runs down the arm.

gracias...

/neil

I don't like it much when I'm reaching overhead and my jacket pulls out of my glove cuff and nasty runs down the arm.

gracias...

/neil

Duct tape will solve that problem like it solves most problems! :D

Thanks for that, Shane! Do you even OWN a pair of insulated gloves?!?

I use long neoprene gloves for when i boil crawfish but other than that i don't use gloves at all.

Have you looked at Tractor Supply for gloves?

Use a pair of latex gloves as the first line of defense some times two pair. Over that anything. I use latex as an insulator in the winter for all the kids gloves. And as a moisture barrier for skiing and my glazier gloves.......

Just get some plain old leather palm work gloves with or without insulation. Sams or Lowes, or Home Depot has them for about 10 bucks for a 3 pack I think. The insulated rubber ones still get wet from sweat and after about a week get really stinky where you don't want to put your hand in them.

Look at a hunting store. I have a par of decoy gloves used for duck hunting. They go up to your elbows. They are made of neoprene work good for me

Thanks to you all I now have 3 diff pairs coming from 3 diff suppliers. We'll see. I really do appreciate the responses. Velcro cuffs on the pvc jacket really helps. We're stripping polyurathane unders this week. This is one stripper on my face I don't much care for :)

/neil

i have some cheap rubber ones from agri supply that are thin, i then get the white cotton gloves(cheap also) as liners. however, normally i just tuff it out, when my hands get cold i put them in my pockets. i hate wearing them.

Cold hands makes me ornery. Yesterday was brutal wind......brrrrrrr crunchy. Today was a heat wave. Gloves you just need to have lots of pairs and keep rotating to dry ones. I was the same way when I lived in Wyoming. My fingers and toes sweat big time so I've always fussed with gloves and socks. TMI, I know.

I think I have cedar lung tonight....hack, cack, caphlemie...love that cedar, though...$$$.

/neil

Graingers has a great selection. We've found that it works best to buy a lined, gauntlet neoprene gloves and use the liners that were suggested earlier. They last several months.

Grainger's service rocks. Was in there yesterday morning and the counter dudes are always so helpful. A pot of hot coffee on doesn't hurt either. The guy yesterday used to do restoration in SanFran with U/V process. Hmmm...never heard of UV stripping.

/neil