Sign in to follow this  
Jarrod

I reorganized my truck

Question

I finally got the time to reorganize my truck. I had 2 huge water tanks towards the front of the box. 1 360 gal fresh water tank & 1 275 gal recovery tank. They were side by side. They took up 2 much room. Since I don't really need a 275 gal recovery tank, I removed it and replaced it with a 55 gal. tank. I left room for a 2nd one if needed. Doing this allowed me to center the 360 gal fresh water tank. The now recovery tank used to be my soap tank. I replaced that with a 175 gal tank. Now, we don't ever have to stop working to make soap on tha job site. Thal saves us about 1 hour of time per fleet that we wash.

The brushes were always hung up but the guns were not. I wanted everything off of the floor. On the right side, there used to be a hugr tool cabinet, 6x4x2. I took that out and put up pegboard and hung everything there - and it all stays hung!

On the floor is my 2.8 gpm @ 2000 psi soap sprayer. That used to sit in the middle between the reels.

I now have way more room and the truck is more efficient.

The pwer in this truck is the 8 gpm.

By the way, all of this equip. is 5 years old. Everything is a bit dirty because we washed 96 school busses on a dirt lot yesterday. That place always trashes my trucks.

post-1482-137772171273_thumb.jpg

post-1482-137772171281_thumb.jpg

post-1482-137772171286_thumb.jpg

9 answers to this question

jarrod yours setup looks clean compared to mine. i work on a lot of construction sites and everything stays filthy. the truck, trailer all of it. but it still brings home the bacon, this month it was caviar. the way you machine looks you can tell that you do a lot of work.

Over the years we think about these things every time we get into the vehicle to use the equipment and wonder what else we could have done to make it better.

I have to keep our vehicles tidied up more frequently due to public impression, especially in the upscale neighborhoods where some of our clients like to take a peek into the vehicle out of curiosity. This has led to thinking up ways to keep it organized and the cleaning easier so that I don't infringe upon my own down time.

Going to round tables has given many a pw'er an idea or two and helped us all to economize our setups and configurations to work better for us and save us time.

Good work on the set up Jarrod.

Rod!~