Rfitz

Jobs in Winter..?

Other Income in slow months..?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Other Income in slow months..?

• Seasonal Work
    • Full Time job
    • Part Time work

Im just curious, how many folks out there get seasonal, part time, full time jobs in the winter, / slow time 3-4 months in winter, Even a job only paying $400-$500 a week can help pay your year round expenses, something is better than nothing..? Even if it is only 10% of what we make in the season, it stops having to drain what you saved all year,

Thad

The shop floors.I guess I should have been more specific.

Monthly fee is for degreasing/pressure washing(hot)/rinse/squeege.The floors up here are primarliy either straight concrete,or epoxy paint.We just last week started offering to do the benches as well, as long as they are cleared off.I have two more dealerships to see tomorrow.A Jag and a BMW.

The pitch is "If you can't clean your greasy hands with soap and cold water,what makes you think your Mechanics can clean your floor that way".

You can have us do it monthly,having your staff do what they've been doing the rest of the time.We'll even clean two stalls for free to prove our point.

Right now we only have 3 stores.(we stumbled on to this a few months ago)The goal is 20.If we get to 10 or 12 I'm sure I'll set my goals higher. The nice thing is that they get done at night.Leaving the equiptment/trucks available during the day for our regular stuff.But even with 5 it's enough to cover the nut that wasn't getting covered last winter.

I know you guys hate the 'P' word, so let me just say I have work booked to Feb 8th. Now it certainly isn't the triple digit per hour work everyone here is doing, 'in-season'. But, come March I'll have positive cash flow, a new trailer, and some inspired marketing investments heating up the Cape Fear for Carolinas Clean.

Just for the record, nobody likes painting (Whoops! the 'P' word). If I wasn't getting paid I wouldn't do it.