Sign in to follow this  
Jeff

Rick Warren & Obama

Question

I'm uaually at odds with the religous right when it comes to a lot of things, politics, social issues etc. But I've seen some interviews and stories about the Minister Rick Warren. I saw him recently on 60 minutes. He has a huge ministry and I've heard he's going to be or is the next Billy Grahman.

I like this guy. He believes in talking and LISTENING to all sides, even if it upsets the religous right. I like how he says & believes your not always going to agree with everybody all the time, but he also beleives that all have to work towards common ground to unite. Sounds like a very interesting man and I like his mission on uniting

I like how he wont start a TV ministry, he doesnt want or need to a celebrity. I like how as being part of the right he doesnt always agree or do what the right thinks is right. He's gone to countries that we consider our enemy's and trys dialog. I'd like to see him more

Barak Obama,

I've been listening to him for some time also and I enjoy a lot of his views and the way he trys to unite also. He isnt tied to one democratic group and he isnt all Washington. He excites people with his uplifting talk & speaches. He's not out to just bash the other sides views. I feel he truely listens

These 2 men I find might be a change we need, two different sides willing to work with and listen to the other side

I say put them as running partners for Prez & Vice Prez and lets start to unite all of us. There is common ground to be found.

Warren I dont think would run now, but maybe

Just wishing & talking out loud.

29 answers to this question

Everybody is hypocritical at times, I know I am at times its in human nature. Now some are more hypocritical then others and they will be dealt with in other ways in the end, what ever the end is.

back to the origanal posting about Rick Warren & Obama. I just saw Rick Warren on Meet The Press, I like the guy. He believes in working with others not just he who believes what he believes. The world would be a better place if we all could find some common ground and work together for a better world

Joy To The World !!!!

There can be virtue in hypocrisy. If we agree that hypocrasy is doing other than what we say, we have all done this.

Here is the virtue: How many times have we said things like, "When that kid gets home, I'm going to kick his azz!" ?

When the child does come home, he gets only a figurative kick (usually).

There are numerous better examples I'm sure, but I believe I'm hijacking Jeff's thread, so I'll quit.

Sorry, Jeff! I don't know enough about either of these guys yet. I'll comment more after some research.

Merry Christmas, Y'all!

John T.....funny to see you speaking of blind faith. It's almost hypocritical.

Celeste

The only thing I can add to this is that I'm seeing it in a physical sense and this is what I need to believe in something...which doesn't mean it will work but seeing is believing. I don't have the ability to see what Anthony above can. I need to see things with my own two eyes which is what I search out to do...in everything that I get involved in.

Example..Toms Roundtable..so many said it was great. One guy hated it and stormed out. Me I was there so I know it was great because I saw it with my own two eyes.

John..you're in my prayers bro. You being in the profession that you are in, you know that your life could end at any given moment and you may not have time to repent, or even think about spiritual things....please don't wait too long buddy :)

As far as seeing is believing goes. You see creation with your own eyes. Creation is 100% proof that there is a creator. You can't have creation without a creator, you can't have a painting without a painter, you can't have a pw without Hydrotek :)

Have a wonderful Christmas you guys and I look forward to debating with you all next year :D