Sign in to follow this  
Guest rfitz

New House Washing Set-Up

Question

Guest rfitz

A few weeks ago I was driving to my next house washing job, when I heard a huge POP, and then it sounded like my tire was leaking really bad, then instantly my eyes were burning and I smelled a horrible chlorine like gas,

I instantly pulled over and realized the 5 gallon bucket I had mixed earlier for a house washing job, blew and split the 5 gallon bucket, I only had maybe 2 gallons of mix left, so needless to say, I will not mix the 2 again, so now my new house washing set up will be mounting 2 seperate tanks in my van, 1 for bleach and 1 for house washing soap, and run them off metering valves,

because every house wash is different any way, I will now be able to adjust accordingly.. Just thought I would warn people of this dangerous mixture

30 answers to this question

Guest rfitz

Hey Melissa,

That is the biggest PW vehicle I have ever seen, what do you guys carry on that truck, ? do you have to take your own water to every job, also, how many gallons will that hold 2000 ???

I understand about needing to go with a custom made shape/size. I'd like to go with twin verticle tanks that would sit against the side walls of the trailer and free up the room in the middle of the trailer, but they're so dang expensive!

Rob:

What's that tank going to cost you, and how big is it?

Guest rfitz

Mike with a custom set up, like I am getting made, everything is being made

exactly for the dimensions in my van, I will have all rectangular aluminum holding tanks, etc.. and they will be taller than round, so we can stack things

the cost on my tank is approx $500 and is 100 gallons, but when you think about the efficincey and time I will save by being custom, will outweigh the increase cost's of having custom built equipment, if it means I am increasing my productivity by at least 30-40%, just think no more 5 gallon jugs all over the van, every tank will be mounted in cages, and each will have its specific use, for example, I go through about 20-30 gallons a week in chlorine, and would have to pick up 5-5 gallon jugs at a time, now since I talked with the pool chlorine supply store, I will come by they will bring a hose to my van and fill up my 20 gallon rectangle custom made PLASTIC tank, for chlorine I think plastic is better, but you see my point, anyway for any and all custom made equipment, supplies, chems etc.. call Bob at www.pressuretek.com you will be amazed at what he can make for you..... For example, I am aslo getting a verticle heater unit that will go in the far corner of my van, opposite end of where my skid unit will be, and it is rectangular 21 inches square by 45 inches tall, talk about being custom and not a cookie cutter set up... and on my all aluminum skid frame, he is making a instrument panel that will have all my gauges,, it will look just like a racing car dash with all the tachs etc..

Hope This Helps.....